'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/20/2021 at 10:00 PM, RoddieJ said:

Is that a good or not so good statistic... 🤔 

Its a nothing statistic derived by Shamilton fans. Max got in to F1 at age 18 and no one but a Mercedes driver has won the Drivers World championship in this Hybrid era due to the technical advantage Mercedes gained through assisting with the setting of the technical regulations. There has never been a more anti competitive era in F1. Shamilton would never have a competitive team mate in the sister car so his championships are a sham too

16 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Not sure ole Bernie said this but valid. 

E9663CB8-67C2-4657-94E1-D9A766E60B3E.jpeg

if they just stopped the car or caused a deliberate issue to make the car that could be traced 

Merc would be dq'd from the championship and Max wins anyway 

SPYGATE people...

5 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

if they just stopped the car or caused a deliberate issue to make the car that could be traced 

SPYGATE people...

Clever ways to break a car out on track…. There are 18 points on a circuit where software/data is passed from the car to the team and vice versa…  

look at Perez’s car and it’s mysterious withdrawal as an example..Perez had no idea there was anything wrong with the car. 

or 77 could have touched another car or hit a wall, Briatore style. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

Clever ways to break a car out on track…. There are 18 points on a circuit where software/data is passed from the car to the team and vice versa…  

look at Perez’s car and it’s mysterious withdrawal as an example..Perez had no idea there was anything wrong with the car. 

they could purposefully under fueled the car ( leading theory) cars dont get weighed before the race , only after 

The only conducted sessions they get weight during is practice and quali

and no fuel is a legit excuse

Redbull were probably planning to use sergio somehow in the race and retire him 

Merc could have done the se with Valterri but went conservative (I would also ) 

so they couldn't use the fuel strat anyway , cause he wouldn't have been racing towards the end 

7 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

tbh, I don't get this one. 

it's because it's abstract art i guess haha...

who finished number 2 in the WDC?

so who starts 2022 as the runner up?

you're welcome

☺️

On 1/2/2022 at 8:54 PM, DieselnDust said:

too busy politicking with Mikey to think straight. I'm amazed they never thought of this since they pretty much used Valterri in every other way the last few years

17 hours ago, MORNE said:

it's because it's abstract art i guess haha...

who finished number 2 in the WDC?

so who starts 2022 as the runner up?

you're welcome

☺️

Thanks! I thought it was some derogatory. 

22 hours ago, BaGearA said:

and no fuel is a legit excuse

Do the math - are you seriously expecting RBR to underfuel Checo for the extent of what amounted to maybe 5 laps? What benefit would that have gained for RBR over the course of the race distance? Maybe 2.5 seconds conservative estimate, so I am not seeing any reason to under fuel Checo. There is no strategist who could have foreseen the closing laps of this race, so I am calling the under fuelling conspiracy a worthy contender for tin-foil hat territory. Besides that, even if Checo did manage some form of advantage, he would ultimately only end up being a hindrance to Max and Lewis in the end as both were exceptionally faster than him. His race was with Bottas, but seeing as he also ended up nowhere, there was no point keeping Checo out any longer in any case as there was nothing to lose and nothing to gain.

Fair play by him for keeping Lewis on the back foot earlier in the race, but this final race was always about Max for Red Bull and all stakeholders needed to bring their A-game to ensure his success. And at the time Sergio pitted, Max was basically out of the running, needing that miracle Christian was speaking of. Again, meaning he was of no further use.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:47 PM, BaGearA said:

SPYGATE people...

to be investigated by the organisatio that allowed a competitor in the sport to tender for the supply of officials and track vehicles, then awarded that contract to said competitor, that it also allowed to set the technical regulations which it then locked in and then appointed said orgs technical director as technical director of the FIA.....yeah ...sure there's going to an investigation that won't go Mercede's way

On 1/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

Do the math - are you seriously expecting RBR to underfuel Checo for the extent of what amounted to maybe 5 laps? What benefit would that have gained for RBR over the course of the race distance? Maybe 2.5 seconds conservative estimate, so I am not seeing any reason to under fuel Checo. There is no strategist who could have foreseen the closing laps of this race, so I am calling the under fuelling conspiracy a worthy contender for tin-foil hat territory. Besides that, even if Checo did manage some form of advantage, he would ultimately only end up being a hindrance to Max and Lewis in the end as both were exceptionally faster than him. His race was with Bottas, but seeing as he also ended up nowhere, there was no point keeping Checo out any longer in any case as there was nothing to lose and nothing to gain.

Fair play by him for keeping Lewis on the back foot earlier in the race, but this final race was always about Max for Red Bull and all stakeholders needed to bring their A-game to ensure his success. And at the time Sergio pitted, Max was basically out of the running, needing that miracle Christian was speaking of. Again, meaning he was of no further use.

Checo was on his third engine so his was probably on its last legs anyway. Honda likely tried to stretch the maximum life out of the engine to help withthe understanding of how much they can turn it up in 2022. Mercedes used 5 ICE's and 6 MGUH and Turbo's so they turned they kit up andused Valterri to determine where the breaking point was. They were well over it but have so much more performance than the midfield it meant nothing to them to take grid penalties. its in effect a non penalty.

Honda did a way better job in 2020 and 2021 than they're given credit for.

26 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Honda did a way better job in 2020 and 2021 than they're given credit for.

Seems that Honda have reconsidered their plan to exit F1 after Max taking the WDC. RBR and Honda are likely to forge an even larger threat to MB over the course of the next 3 years from what I have read. Apparently they have extended their partnership to 2025.

https://www.news24.com/wheels/formulaone/honda-extend-red-bull-engine-agreement-through-to-2025-20220101