• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

In a motocross helmet and a yoga vest on a mountain bike LOL.

Laid out maybe.

Erm... it's a full face, and he's on a DH bike. What's so strange about that? As for the vest - standard black singlet / vest / wife-beater (ozzie slang for same)

Erm... it's a full face, and he's on a DH bike. What's so strange about that? As for the vest - standard black singlet / vest / wife-beater (ozzie slang for same)

How is the vest and full face look working out for your dating life?

I'm just glad I got married to a half sensible woman before I started dressing up like a Power Ranger to go riding.

How is the vest and full face look working out for your dating life?

I'm just glad I got married to a half sensible woman before I started dressing up like a Power Ranger to go riding.

LOL. Luckily I don't wear that when on a date...

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/joburg-speedster-who-clocked-over-300kmh-arrested-at-funeral-in-limpopo-20200126

The arrest comes after officials from the Road Traffic Management Corporation used various investigative techniques to identify, locate and arrest the man. 

SO THE ETOLL GANTRYS ARE SWITCHED ON

Well I would never have thought they would have found and arrested him. Well done to everyone involved. 

Well I would never have thought they would have found and arrested him. Well done to everyone involved. 

Finding the identity of the person I would not quite see as rocket science or ground breaking investigation.  My question still remains, would they be able to prove the speed he was riding in a court.  Would be interresting to hear the opinion of some of our resident legal eagles on the hub.

Finding the identity of the person I would not quite see as rocket science or ground breaking investigation.  My question still remains, would they be able to prove the speed he was riding in a court.  Would be interresting to hear the opinion of some of our resident legal eagles on the hub.

Quite easily, if there were gantry video surveillance. A simple time over distance calc would be easy to perform. 

Finding the identity of the person I would not quite see as rocket science or ground breaking investigation. My question still remains, would they be able to prove the speed he was riding in a court. Would be interresting to hear the opinion of some of our resident legal eagles on the hub.

Rumor has it that they never identified him but rather one of his mates/acquaintances ratted him out for a 10 000 ZA rondt reward ...

Quite easily, if there were gantry video surveillance. A simple time over distance calc would be easy to perform. 

This is where the South African Traffic laws normally fall flat.  You could have some technical issue like there was no sign on the highway saying that speed prosecution is done using time over distance (like they have on the N3 in KZN). 

It is always scary to see how easy it is to get out of a traffic fine.  I remember about 5-6 years ago the prosecution rate for speedings fines were in the region of 2% of all speed fines issued.

Normally when you get a traffic fine you just ask for the proof of the competency certificate of the operator of the camera, the callibration certificate of the camera and that other court document that allows them to put the speed trap up on a specific road.  You had a 99% chance that one of the three was not available and that was the end of your ticket.