• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex wearable is coming to track your performance and judge you

https://www.cnet.com/news/icon-smart-condom-ring/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=35064659

According to the preorder page, the ring will answer questions such as:

What's my thrust velocity?

• How fast are my thrusts?
  • How many calories did that sesh just burn?
  • How many times did I just have sex?
  • What's the average skin temperature of my... eggplant?
  • What's my girth?
  • How many different positions did I just conquer?

and then this one

Delta has changed its Opel Corsa Classic ad campaign, which had the payoff line “More exciting than polo”, after complaints from Volkswagen. What do you think of the advertisement?

Delta has changed its Opel Corsa Classic ad campaign, which had the payoff line “More exciting than polo”, after complaints from Volkswagen. What do you think of the advertisement?

The television campaign showed a group of polo players stopping their game after seeing an Opel Corsa Classic and going over to admire the car. The ad then says: “More exciting than polo”. In the radio campaign, words with a polo prefix were changed to Corsa. In one ad, a man asks for directions to get to Corsakwane instead of Polokwane.

Volkswagen general manager of sales and marketing Bill Stephens told CARtoday.com they complained to the Advertising Standards Authority because the ads were comparative and disparaging.

“Personally, I think in its original form the ad is devoid of strategy or consumer benefit. It got people talking because of the comparative aspect, but I do not think they were talking about buying a Corsa Classic,” Stephens said.

The ASA ruled: “When judged as a whole and in the context of the entire campaign, a comparison between the VW Polo and the Opel Corsa Classic is conjured up. Factually it had been attempted to set the Opel Corsa Classic up as the more evolved Classic, without submitting the necessary supporting substantiation.”

Delta spokesman John Elford said the ad had been changed slightly. “We haven’t pulled the ad, but the payoff line has been changed from “More exciting than polo” to “Worth a second look”.

Please note the payoff line is “More exciting than polo” and not “Better than polo” as originally stated.

What did you think of the ad campaign?

well the CLASSIC one is BMW vs MERC at chapman's peak

I couldn't find a working link for the BMW one, it looks like it has been on youtube multiple times, but none of them  work.

this pretty much gives it all to you

https://youtu.be/Bl_ghZaJ4XY?t=16

Was also just looking to see if I could find something.

and then this one

The television campaign showed a group of polo players stopping their game after seeing an Opel Corsa Classic and going over to admire the car. The ad then says: “More exciting than polo”. In the radio campaign, words with a polo prefix were changed to Corsa. In one ad, a man asks for directions to get to Corsakwane instead of Polokwane.

Volkswagen general manager of sales and marketing Bill Stephens told CARtoday.com they complained to the Advertising Standards Authority because the ads were comparative and disparaging.

“Personally, I think in its original form the ad is devoid of strategy or consumer benefit. It got people talking because of the comparative aspect, but I do not think they were talking about buying a Corsa Classic,” Stephens said.

The ASA ruled: “When judged as a whole and in the context of the entire campaign, a comparison between the VW Polo and the Opel Corsa Classic is conjured up. Factually it had been attempted to set the Opel Corsa Classic up as the more evolved Classic, without submitting the necessary supporting substantiation.”

Delta spokesman John Elford said the ad had been changed slightly. “We haven’t pulled the ad, but the payoff line has been changed from “More exciting than polo” to “Worth a second look”.

Please note the payoff line is “More exciting than polo” and not “Better than polo” as originally stated.

What did you think of the ad campaign?

Having owned both, and presently still own a polo, I can unequivocally state that in fact the Corsa is not more exciting than Polo...by any stretch of the imagination. This is just GM getting ahead of themselves, and in the process letting stupid of the leash.