I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Have you driven the Toyota GT86?Not as much power as the other 2 but loads of fun.

135 would be the choice between the top 2

I have driven the Toyota GT86 - I thought that it had the identical engine as the Scooby BRZ. Anyway my Subaru dealership finally has a BRZ demo car so I will go later this week for a test drive. I have a leaning towards the BRZ but that is all theoretical until I have actually driven both.

Agree on the 135 being the more powerful car but I would have to get a 2010 model to come in at the same price as a new BRZ. (I do have two kids living away from home at full time university to fund before my toys get considered)

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I have driven the Toyota GT86 - I thought that it had the identical engine as the Scooby BRZ. Anyway my Subaru dealership finally has a BRZ demo car so I will go later this week for a test drive. I have a leaning towards the BRZ but that is all theoretical until I have actually driven both.

Agree on the 135 being the more powerful car but I would have to get a 2010 model to come in at the same price as a new BRZ. (I do have two kids living away from home at full time university to fund before my toys get considered)

You are correct in your surmission. It is in essence the same car, just a couple of detail changes.

You are correct in your surmission. It is in essence the same car, just a couple of detail changes.

Their handling is slightly different too. The BRZ has been created to have an AWD feel, while the 86 has been designed so the rear slides out a bit. The BRZ will should also cost more than the 86, as Toyota gets a bit of a tax reduction.

Their handling is slightly different too. The BRZ has been created to have an AWD feel, while the 86 has been designed so the rear slides out a bit. The BRZ will should also cost more than the 86, as Toyota gets a bit of a tax reduction.

The 86 is also a little lighter than the BRZ.

Both have the 147kw boxer motor.

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Rat-Tumor-Monsanto-GMO-Cancer-Study-3-Wide.jpg

Shock findings in new GMO study: Rats fed lifetime of GM corn grow horrifying tumors, 70% of females die early

Learn more:

http://www.naturalne...gan_damage.html

From http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre88j0ms-us-gmcrops-safety/

(highlighting mine)

Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are deeply unpopular in Europe but dominate major crops in the United States after Monsanto introduced a soybean genetically altered to tolerate Roundup in 1996.

Experts asked by reporters to review the scientific paper advised caution in drawing conclusions from it.

Tom Sanders, head of the nutritional sciences research division at King's College London, noted that Seralini's team had not provided any data on how much the rats were given to eat, or what their growth rates were.

"This strain of rat is very prone to mammary tumors particularly when food intake is not restricted," he said. "The statistical methods are unconventional ... and it would appear the authors have gone on a statistical fishing trip."

Mark Tester, a research professor at the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics at the University of Adelaide, said the study's findings raised the question of why no previous studies have flagged up similar concerns.

"If the effects are as big as purported, and if the work really is relevant to humans, why aren't the North Americans dropping like flies? GM has been in the food chain for over a decade over there - and longevity continues to increase inexorably," he said in an emailed comment.

David Spiegelhalter of the University of Cambridge said the methods, statistics and reporting of results were all below standard. He added that the study's untreated control arm comprised only 10 rats of each sex, most of which also got tumors.

Me: Torn between Scooby BRZ and BMW 135i for the fun car

We have the Scooby Forester S-Edition for the bike wagon

BRZ no doubt! 86 is a knockoff. You know Subaru kept a little something something for themselves. 135 is a common car. As a Scooby driver would you drive anthing else.

BRZ no doubt! 86 is a knockoff. You know Subaru kept a little something something for themselves. 135 is a common car. As a Scooby driver would you drive anthing else.

Joint development as opposed to rip off but ja, I'd usually default to a scooby over a toyota any day - but a mate got the GT86 the other day and I must say I am impressed. Simple no frills car for having fun - in this application the rear wheel drive trumps the BRZ's AWD I reckon... Edited by dracs

As far as I know the BRZ does not have AWD. It would have been too heavy for the car. I am quite surprised they never brought it out initially with a STi motor. Thats Subaru for you. No frills, no fuss. The AWD makes a huge difference though if you have more power. Even in the wet from a pulloff I cant get my WRX to become unsettled.

As far as I know the BRZ does not have AWD. It would have been too heavy for the car. I am quite surprised they never brought it out initially with a STi motor. Thats Subaru for you. No frills, no fuss. The AWD makes a huge difference though if you have more power. Even in the wet from a pulloff I cant get my WRX to become unsettled.

Yes you are quite right! I had AWD in my mind after reading speculation about a new version supposedly in development... :blush:

either way, nice car whatever the badge.