I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Sorry tjom, I just get so irked when I feel a lot of hot air being blown by some impostor who suddenly became a woman.

How I miss Nancy and Dibles and DirtGirl :thumbdown:

Why are you so adamant that small h is not a woman? I have dealt with her in a personal manner and can very much vouch for her.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drake Equation

History

In 1960, Frank Drake conducted the first search for radio signals from extraterrestrial civilizations at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia. Soon thereafter, the National Academy of Sciences asked Drake to convene a meeting on detecting extraterrestrial intelligence. The meeting was held at the Green Bank facility in 1961. The equation that bears Drake's name arose out of his preparations for the meeting:

As I planned the meeting, I realized a few day ahead of time we needed an agenda. And so I wrote down all the things you needed to know to predict how hard it's going to be to detect extraterrestrial life. And looking at them it became pretty evident that if you multiplied all these together, you got a number, N, which is the number of detectable civilizations in our galaxy. This, of course, was aimed at the radio search, and not to search for primordial or primitive life forms.

— Frank Drake

This meeting established SETI as a scientific discipline. The meeting's dozen participants — astronomers, physicists, biologists, social scientists, and industry leaders — became known as the "Order of the Dolphin". The Green Bank meeting has been commemorated by a plaque at the site.

The Drake equation is closely related to the Fermi paradox in that Drake suggested that a large number of extraterrestrial civilizations would form, but that the lack of evidence of such civilizations (the Fermi paradox) suggests that technological civilizations tend to disappear rather quickly. This theory often stimulates an interest in identifying and publicizing ways in which humanity could destroy itself, and then counters with hopes of avoiding such destruction and eventually becoming a space-faring species. A similar argument is the Great Filter,[2] which notes that since there are no observed extraterrestrial civilizations, despite the vast number of stars, then some step in the process must be acting as a filter to reduce the final value. According to this view, either it is very hard for intelligent life to arise, or the lifetime of such civilizations must be relatively short.

Carl Sagan, a great proponent of SETI, quoted the formula often and as a result the formula is sometimes mislabeled as "The Sagan Equation."

The equationThe Drake equation states that:

post-5558-0-72346500-1315467313.png

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy

fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets

ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets

fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point

fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life

fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space

L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

I never called you fat or a double poster.

I did however go by assumption.

Let me explain, when you joined the forum, you were all dude, then you suddenly became all woman, you posted your weight somewhere and my observation was that it's healthy even by large girl standards, so at this stage of the game, I think you are playing with us, a boy flirting with boys :eek:

Show me the post where the F**** I had posted my weight?!?! And assumption never did anybody any good. Since I joined The Hub I had ticked the box for female - never male.

But hey, believe as you wish, seeing as you do in any case

know that I will not respond.

Yeah the classic hit and run, luckily the friendly banter between us disappeared ages ago, no love lost, and telling people to "piss off" is so yesterday.

@Caerus, if she is indeed a woman , then I am man enough to make an open apology, but I can assure you she has made some contradicting posts which had me believe otherwise.

So Smallh (why you picked that name is also a mystery), my apologies M'am.

Now let me piss off.

Why are you so adamant that small h is not a woman? I have dealt with her in a personal manner and can very much vouch for her.

Thanks Caerus! :thumbup:

Edited by small h

And totally unrelated to Special K?

Sorry - just couldn't resist!

:clap: Thanks for that! Just made my day way better :lol:

:clap: Thanks for that! Just made my day way better :lol:

Part of my special charm, I suppose...

On that note - if you manage to find out just where I got my small amount of charm from, please direct me to the spot and kick me in th eback to jump-start the pilgrimage. I'm in dire need of more.

Now let me piss off.

The name BigH had a reputation...... and I'm way smaller than TinyK (who is not all that tiny) and my name does start with H.....

Mystery solved ;)

Yeah the classic hit and run, luckily the friendly banter between us disappeared ages ago, no love lost, and telling people to "piss off" is so yesterday.

@Caerus, if she is indeed a woman , then I am man enough to make an open apology, but I can assure you she has made some contradicting posts which had me believe otherwise.

Now let me piss off.

Whew.....finally that's over :blink:

Now lets see how long it is before fatso rides off into the sunset to sulk again :unsure:

Why is it that certain people just do not get the message? I recall asking a certain person a couple of months ago the reason he frequents the Hub and just after that he left for a while which at this stage I wish was a much longer time. I have just been reading through the current posts and one thing is common amongst them all and no, its not that they are cycling related! Almost all the posts posted by Eccentric1 are not related to the OP and are posted purely for the knee jerk reaction, I find myself asking the question again Eccentric1 what is your purpose of frequenting the Hub expect for trolling? Why don’t you shave your beard and legs for that matter get on a bike and maybe you might relate to a lot more folks on the hub or move on to www. irritatingGeriatricnoncyclingdouchebags.com

Just plant your face and get over it or should I call you a douchebag as it is acceptable Hub language now!