• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

We(SAA) still own 2 harvards(lol 2 of the 3 aircraft SAA actually owns, the other being a JU-52 junkers). The 2 we got are ZS-WLP and ZS-WLR are in supreme servicable condition. Just a pity politics doesn't allow them to fly very often.

Do you know where the Harvards are kept? There are two that train regularly overhead at my plot. I am northwest of Pta.

It is a sight to be seen when they are doing their moves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Do you know where the Harvards are kept? There are two that train regularly overhead at my plot. I am northwest of Pta.

It is a sight to be seen when they are doing their moves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Swartkops 

As a kid staying on the East Rand, we regularly had the full squadron of Harvards flying overhead during their training runs.

They were stationed at Dunotter at that stage.

I then still had dreams and aspirations of becoming a pilot, and every time I heard that distinctive sound approach, I dropped everything just to run out and look at them.

Did you guys know that some of the Harvards that was sold off, was used in the making of the film,  Pearl Harbour? 

So this a pic of me going for a flip in a harvard back in the army days at Dunottar, i had a ppl and the pilot let me fly for a bit, instructed me on doing a loop which I attempted but passed out, (on my own loop, only one ever attempted)

Wow, brings back some great memories. ( trying to look very top gun in the pic)

I even had hair , sorry about pic orientation, cant get it upright.

!post-39840-0-79236000-1511418412_thumb.jpeg

Did the move the harvard from Stellies up to JHB ?

I know they also had one of the few flying bosbok's there as well.

So this a pic of me going for a flip in a harvard back in the army days at Dunottar, i had a ppl and the pilot let me fly for a bit, instructed me on doing a loop which I attempted but passed out, (on my own loop, only one ever attempted)

!attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

negatory ghostrider, drop below the ceiling!

!attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I bet you still hum Dangerzone when looking at this... Mav!

Wonder if the SAAF today combine all the aircaft that are serviceable and have crew and send them into the air now.  Do not think there will be more flying than in this single formation.

Was thinking the same thing. Formations of this size isn't something we are likely to see anymore.

Was thinking the same thing. Formations of this size isn't something we are likely to see anymore.

Not in aircraft in anyway, maybe huge formations of honorary Colonels might seen more in future.

Not in aircraft in anyway, maybe huge formations of honorary Colonels might seen more in future.

They wouldn't be able to get the lines this straight, even if they were painted on the group for them