• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was Albert Eistein

the same guy who was lead actor in Lord of the Rings in his younger years?

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/posters/lord-of-the-rings-1-the-fellowship-of-the-ring_u-L-F4Q0XW0.jpg

the same guy who was lead actor in Lord of the Rings in his younger years?

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/posters/lord-of-the-rings-1-the-fellowship-of-the-ring_u-L-F4Q0XW0.jpg

That's the one. Man of many talents that

Same with Velcro....

Well, I daily use advanced ceramics, composite plastics and bonding techniques that originated with the space shuttle program. Not sure what I use that can be quite so directly attributed to the moon shot. Maybe my titanium shoulder and bike frame?

Well, I daily use advanced ceramics, composite plastics and bonding techniques that originated with the space shuttle program. Not sure what I use that can be quite so directly attributed to the moon shot. Maybe my titanium shoulder and bike frame?

2. Computer microchip: modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

3. Cordless tools: power drills and vacuum cleaners use technology designed to drill for moon samples.

8. Joystick: this computer gaming device was first used on the Apollo Lunar Rover.

10. Satellite television: technology used to fix errors in spacecraft signals helps reduce scrambled pictures and sound in satellite television signals

Source

and some more

Edited by The New Me

I remember looking at the actual Apollo capsule in which they returned after the moon landing, when I visited the Air & Space museum in Washington DC. It struck me as such a tiny little thing where 3 guys were sardined into a space like a small 2 seater couch. I was also amazed at how ancient the instruments looked compared to basic things like modern phones and cars. I was truly glad there were other nutters mad enough to fly to the moon and back in a piece of junk like that, but I sure as hell wouldn't have volunteered. 

post-17716-0-86348600-1518008666.jpg

I remember looking at the actual Apollo capsule in which they returned after the moon landing, when I visited the Air & Space museum in Washington DC. It struck me as such a tiny little thing where 3 guys were sardined into a space like a small 2 seater couch. I was also amazed at how ancient the instruments looked compared to basic things like modern phones and cars. I was truly glad there were other nutters mad enough to fly to the moon and back in a piece of junk like that, but I sure as hell wouldn't have volunteered. 

+1.  I often wondered how the heck one volunteers for something like this.  Their wifes had to be real naggers.

ps. Anyone here who worked on the SA 'space' program at Houwteq/the Range?

I still go to Houwteq every now and then to do some  EMC testing.

I love listening to the stories of all that was going on at Houwteq pre-1994.