• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own a Landy, but my friend in Switzerland does. They were so nice to lend it to me and @stressed_eric to go PDS(Champery) for 2 days . Was really strange for me as this thing is a bus, left hand drive and you drive on the wrong side of the road. 

Gee Meezo, that is what I would call a VERY good friend. :thumbup: 

For someone not used to driving agricultural machinery and who is used to a normal (flat) car, it must be quite a shock to get into something like a Landy. There is zero ergonomics, it turns like an 18 wheeler, it is harsh and bumpy and feels like it will roll over on any corner. 

More amazing places (more excuses to post my old agricultural implement)

Grand Canyon - I know it is the Fish River Canyon, but we decided it was at least as grand as the Grand one. Kids drew some pictures of it, but when I complimented my youngest on his beautiful crayon canyon artwork,, he was very upset because he drew the snake we saw earlier, not the canyon! Artists!  You can never be sure of what they meant! 

Grand Canyon - I know it is the Fish River Canyon, but we decided it was at least as grand as the Grand one. Kids drew some pictures of it, but when I complimented my youngest on his beautiful crayon canyon artwork, he was very upset because he drew the snake we saw earlier, not the canyon! Artists!  You can never be sure of what they meant! 

post-17716-0-09266400-1586456150_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Three hundred kilometre long lane of the most beautiful trees - between Bulawayo and Vic Falls in Zimbabwe. When they built the road, they only cut the smaller trees next to the road in a 20 metre strip each side, and left the big natural trees. A landscape designer could never have done it as beautifully as nature!

post-17716-0-11489800-1586457069_thumb.jpg

Grand Canyon - I know it is the Fish River Canyon, but we decided it was at least as grand as the Grand one. Kids drew some pictures of it, but when I complimented my youngest on his beautiful crayon canyon artwork, he was very upset because he drew the snake we saw earlier, not the canyon! Artists!  You can never be sure of what they meant! 

You are succeeding in making me soooooo jealous right now DJR. I remember those crisp early morning "skottel braai" breakfasts waiting for sunrise over the canyon at that very spot as a young boy. My dad would depart Ai-Ais at sparrow's fart and we would drive in the dark to that spot, and then the coffee can would be put on the stove, the breakfast would be started and us boys would run around trying to get warm, 'cause it's middle of winter and it's "baie koud pa!"....

I miss those days.

I think you guys need a landy camping thread.

I agree they are messing up a good thread.