Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question.

The tones in your first and third pics, are really rich. However your second image looks more "white" as if you are shooting into the sun.

Is this because of the settings you used or were you actually shooting into the sun?

As an aside, what were the settings of the images? And also, did you do this on purpose? Asking because this always happens on my images and they always seem more "white" or over exposed.

They're all shot in jpg at F4 1/2500, 1/320 and 1/400 respectively at ISO200.  So it is not from post processing, just the quality of the light. He is walking towards me, low evening sun behind me, so first image has depth of colour, then he walks past me and stops in the shade, to get the exposure right for him in the shade the background gets a bit over exposed and you loose the rich colour from the sunlight, as he walks off again into the sunlight so you get the richer colours where the sun strikes him. In the images below the differences is just a few steps as he moves from the shade to the sun, this is why you hear people refer to the magic hours around dusk and dawn when the light is soft , gentle and rich, it makes all the difference.

post-41145-0-96381500-1597060146_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-37163000-1597060161_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1st trip to the Cape in 5 months and didn't get any riding in between weather and work (tell me again Capetonians how your winters aren't really that bad etc etc while I get rained on at 8C). So went up to W Coast Nat Park for the flowers, quite a show after 5 years odd of poor rain. Only had a phone with me but the best camera is the one you have with you and all that.

post-41145-0-91665500-1599053492_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-16926900-1599053503_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-01919100-1599053541_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-39054100-1599053553_thumb.jpg

Crazy wet and wonderful Rondebosch Common yesterday. I only had my phone with me, and I know I should have gone home to fetch the proper camera, but lazy is such a bitch. :blush: Still, I like the picture :)

Oh no, a broken down Land Rover... phew, there’s a Suzuki there to tow it out of trouble [emoji2957]

1st trip to the Cape in 5 months and didn't get any riding in between weather and work (tell me again Capetonians how your winters aren't really that bad etc etc while I get rained on at 8C). So went up to W Coast Nat Park for the flowers, quite a show after 5 years odd of poor rain. Only had a phone with me but the best camera is the one you have with you and all that.

attachicon.gifIMG_9273.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9292.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9297.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9303.JPG

Some very nice pics.

Went back to the office this week .... REALLY enjoyed working from home !!  Rainy days like today I would clock lots of extra hours.  There were some excellent weather days mid-week .... when I would enjoy an afternoon ride ...

Real win-win .... work got way more hours out of me, and I got to ride in the best weather .....

now back to the old routine .... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a Gopro mic adapter for my hero8. It looks like the one in the attachment. Trouble is I am not sure if it will work with this mic I have from Takealot for R199. Reviews say it only works with high-end mics. Anyone here have experience of this?

Cheers

post-43622-0-29935400-1608111725_thumb.jpg

post-43622-0-79818300-1608111735_thumb.jpg

Edited by sawystertrance