LukeV-2

Best you start paddling then.

I thought you avatar was a bug on my screen, lol :lol: :lol: Tried to hit it

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to troll through all of this, but i do see that the point has been made that offering student entry fees at races could be a good idea. The best plan would be for it all to go through the varsity clubs, to limit the freeloaders and help it look official.

What's stopping any race organiser from calling up the local varsity(or school) club with 5 complementary entries? Hardly being subsidised by paying entrants, as the incremental cost of an extra entrant is quite small.

AFAIK the only thing CSA does at the level is stamp their approval of the annual SASSU tour.

but it looks like most of you got wound up attacking a shortsighted first post. Fruity, I think you handled the broadsided shots pretty well. touche. now go and join the wits cycling club.

He comes across as a downright spoilt brat, nothing more, nothing less.

5 entries, who gets them ? Never has here been and I will personally cast my vote that there never should be entries for the sake of the sorry students, it's quite simple, party less and you have more money for other luxuries.

Entry fee of a R 180 or so, most students piss out more than a R 1000 a weekend.

Nowadays students get more discounts and freebies thrown at them than ever, now let me tell you something, some of todays kids simply don't know how to let go of that tag on mommies dress, they are downright lazy and have become takers, some of todays runts could have done really well after a year in the army.

.................. some of todays runts could have done really well after a year in the army.

Only 1 year?

Ow bout 2 years and having about R50 / pm spare cash to save, not even enough to afford a flight home on your weekend pass, so u end up hitching and getting there with a few hours to spare before having to start the return trip.... LOL Yup the "runts" today have it different....

Guest agteros

Only 1 year?

Ow bout 2 years and having about R50 / pm spare cash to save, not even enough to afford a flight home on your weekend pass, so u end up hitching and getting there with a few hours to spare before having to start the return trip.... LOL Yup the "runts" today have it different....

Even (only) 6 weeks basic training will be good for some, starting with THAT haircut :)

THERE IS NO TIME FOR A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as said before.

I have a full time job & I study MBA part time. i had to give up a lot of cycling-time and almost all events, simply because there is no time to train sufficiently and not enough leave to attend classes and do races. I use unpaid leave for when i have to attend more than 15 days of classes in one year. I knew it before i started, and it was totally my choice.

3 years from now i will hopefully have the degree and lots more time for riding. and you'll have more money to enter all the events that you want to.

How is the fact that you study, or what you decided to study, the race organisers' problem?

Only 1 year?

2 years, plus 10 years of camps, first pass after 16 weeks, kakked all over and jagged around 24 hours a day - Good old South African Army infantry training, yes the Runts have it different today.

Edited by nickc

Half queer constantia jet set ****

I have been part of the organising committee that has organised 6 Kalahari Challenge's,8 Mokolodi Scorpion MTB races,5 Adventure Challenges(multi sport) and 7 Road Races apart from a multitude of TT's,etc and I can assure you that its nothing but hard work with precious little return.If you hate organisers so much...stay away.

Or better still make yourself useful and volunteer to work at some of the events.

Most organisers do it for the love of the sport on a voluntary basis and deserve credit for their efforts.Many charities and communities benefit from events and are extremely grateful

• 2 weeks later...

SON ! Don't be so friggin lazy. Get a Job. Less playstation, less 'free' samples, less pretty girls.

Or else become a surfer or join the ANC.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Nice one! :thumbup: And maybe a few less beers every night/holiday whilst studying and doing all those projects too!

To the lad studying so hard: Nothing in life is ever "free"...someone pays for it...heck, you could be paying for one of those 'freebies' the next time you buy a loaf of bread or some milk!

How is one supposed to enjoy riding when entrance fee's are so high, fair enough if you are working, but as a student there is no way i can afford your ridiculous prices.

In the canoeing world there is a special fee for students, less than half.

So, if i live in the East of Joburg and want to do a race, i have to drive atleast an hour each way to where ever the race might be, the whole race could end up costing me around R300 all in all, if not, MORE. Do you think student have that kind of money to throw away, i can go to groenkloof and ride to my hearts content and it will only cost me like R100 including travels, and the routes there are probably better than your race routes..

Someone please sort something out, i beleive you may be chasing riders away that might actually have true potential.

Sorry, I only picked up this thread now - been too busy organizing a race.

As you are a student, you can hopefully do some adding up:

800km jeep track with vehicle

Route markers x385

Generators

Portable Toilets

Marshals

Food for all officials

Shall I go on with the list, or bore the rest of the riders with all the details.

You are welcome to PM me for more intimate details.

Compare it to runnung races, scary to see how we are being shafted

i think all races are over priced! the only races where i think are priceed well are triathlons! there you get your moneys worth! maybe taking up triathlons will solve the problem, you'll feel better about letting R150 rand go, maybe i could be wrong?

I have been amazed reading some of the responses here.

There seem to be a few posts of people just feeling like ranting at someone for no real valid reasons.

He comes across as a downright spoilt brat, nothing more, nothing less.

5 entries, who gets them ? Never has here been and I will personally cast my vote that there never should be entries for the sake of the sorry students, it's quite simple, party less and you have more money for other luxuries.

Entry fee of a R 180 or so, most students piss out more than a R 1000 a weekend.

Nowadays students get more discounts and freebies thrown at them than ever, now let me tell you something, some of todays kids simply don't know how to let go of that tag on mommies dress, they are downright lazy and have become takers, some of todays runts could have done really well after a year in the army.

I sincerely doubt that.

You come across as someone who has lost touch with reality.

I have been amazed reading some of the responses here.

There seem to be a few posts of people just feeling like ranting at someone for no real valid reasons.

Sorrie :blush:

I sincerely doubt that.

You come across as someone who has lost touch with reality.

Ahhh Anton - I think he was having an off day when he wrote that.

If I pissed away R1000/week on alcohol I'd be drunk premanently!

Edit: Hang on - I've just realised I hold a valid student card. SScrew you Dangle - I'm all for free student stuff :P

Edited by Eldron