Share your stats riding your bicycle since....

nathrix

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bru

That's pretty good, 90k of climbing over 80 rides, more than 1000m per ride. I reckon that's better than avg. You a racing snake?

Been training for Sani2C, Trans Baviaans and Cape Pioneer. My favourite training rides:

Welvanpas, White and Yellow route combined

Jonkershoek, up to the saddle from both sides

Majick > Hillcrest > Contermanskloof > Meerendal and back

Tokai Mast (I do it twice on a good day)

Kleinmond to Lebanon and back via the mountain trail.

I try to get close to 1000m on a ride. Even with my commute from Table View to Tyger Valley I'll do a Hillcrest / Kliprug / Majick loop to get the climbs in. Throw in a few races like Tulbagh and the averages goes up.

Definately not a race snake, but the Pioneer is scaring the crap out of me, so will have to get at least another 50 000m of climbing in before October

Edited by MorewoodMad

That would make 80 000 m. of climbing

15 km/h ave and 82 rpm cadence, not racing that, it's sensible.

Sorry boet but I am going to report this! How can you use a word like "sensible" to describe a fellow hubber?

Not to impressive. Majority has been on the mountain and the fact that i've been sick 6 times this year has not helped.

Count:

87 Activities

Distance:

1,887.02 km

Time:

134:51:13 h:m:s

Elevation Gain:

35,930 m

Avg Speed:

14.0 km/h

Avg HR:

145 bpm

Avg Run Cadence:

--

Avg Bike Cadence:

74 rpm

Calories:

107,034 C

Guest agteros

I give up. this form editor sux :( Can't even copy paste tables from ST3 / Word / Excel into IE9 / Chrome

Road / MTB / IDT / Spinning class

KM: 1609, Time: 72H35

Edited by agteros

Stats for Road and MTB from 1 Jan 2011

--------------------------------------

Road

====

600km

18:52:00

31.8km/h avg

max 70.6km/h

Pace Avg 1:53 min/km

MTB

===

1124km

59:05:57

19.0km/h avg

max 55.2km/h

Pace Avg 3:09 min/km

Total 1724km

No don't have the bike anymore, discovered a small crack on the frame and returned to Johnsons who replaced the frame. Was very impressed with them. There was no quibble just replaced it with another Raleigh frame.Had 3 Raleighs in total,changed to Peugeot had 2 Zini's ,currently cycling on a Schwinn Fast back Pro (Aluminium) that needs to be replaced with a carbon frame(sometime)

I have a Peloton going in the classifieds if you're interested...

About 18000k's on my mtb and about 8000 on my road bike.

Crikey mate, you ever off your bike?

Should we not be doing this at the end of the year?

Anyway, here goes, from 01/01/2011 to date:

Total Distance: 6 957km

Activities: 150

Total Duration: 299hrs

Speed ave 23.4km/h

Ave distance per activity: 46km

Ave cadence: 72

Ave HR: 136

Max HR: 201

Total Calories: 178 170

Total Accent: 56 975m

Been on the mtb a lot more this year so km’s, ave speed and all that will be less and a bit slower

What always amazes me is the amount of calories we burn, relative to non exercising people. Well over a million calories used up by just those who have thrown up their stats here. Take 10 couchies, those calories are still inside those boys, and counting. Thats worth a few beers and peanut butter sarmies over a lifetime. Imagine your lazy mates trying to do 40K on a MTB, they going to bleed from the eyeballs, and we just cruise that on a Thursday morning without thinking. And we're avg Joes.

What always amazes me is the amount of calories we burn, relative to non exercising people. Well over a million calories used up by just those who have thrown up their stats here. Take 10 couchies, those calories are still inside those boys, and counting. Thats worth a few beers and peanut butter sarmies over a lifetime. Imagine your lazy mates trying to do 40K on a MTB, they going to bleed from the eyeballs, and we just cruise that on a Thursday morning without thinking. And we're avg Joes.

Calories burned and altitude gained will be the two inconsistent and inaccurate pieces of data here.

Dependent on your cycling computer, there are two basic ways of calculating calories and they are both at best a thumbsuck and average. There are too many variables between one athlete and another for this calculation to be accurate. Max HR, age, fitness level, VO2max, metabolism, intensity of excersise, resistance... to name a few, needs to be accounted for to be accurate.

Plus you continue to burn calories after your session has ended, your cycling computer doenst accout for that.

Basically, you need to be hooked up to machines in a lab with guys with white coats than can even tell the rate at which O2 mixes with your blood, for it to be more accurate.

Edited by Tankman