What Stage Races are awesome!

leeannc

Out of interest, why?

RedRover, it just was not a good experience. The night ride was good and something different. Saturday was tough(maybe to tough, I like to spend quality time on my mtb but not suffer endless ours in the saddle). I have never ever spend 6 hours in the saddle even on much longer rides!

The food was poor and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if I have to pay for a Energade or beer after 6 hours on the bike. Water points only had a few small bar-one's and very "vlou" energy drink.

Compare this to Berg,Bush&Decent where all water points have more food than a Boston BBQ, you can eat all day long, all drinks are for free(inculding ALL BEERS), all masages are free and atmosphere are generaly much better!

I realy just feel(most probably like most of the other riders that wont do it again) that it is just not value for my mola!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please lets not forget Lord of the Chain Rings in Hogsback, EC ladies & gents. Three days of mtb heaven. Comfy hotel accommodations or sort your lodging out options. generally awesum weather in Nov. Does it get better than this? Doubt it.

Okay. its the only multi-day event I have done but honestly its an amazing place.

The ones im doing in the next couple of months

3 Towers

Sabie Experience

Epic

Joburg2C

:D Will report back when they're done

If you havent done one, opt for Sabie Lite. Good place to start.

recommend the trans lesotho ride,did it in march this year,far beats any other stage ride i have done,not for everyone though,there is not all track and I carried my bike for 10 km uphill the second day.

3 Towers

Sabie Experience

Epic

Joburg2C

Epic & Joberg one after the other :blink:

3 Towers

Sabie Experience

Epic

Joburg2C

My choice for the next while....

Berg & Bush Descent...... super excited for a big Jol

Sabie Experience........ praying for dry weather like last year

Cape Epic........praying for painless death while chasing mountaingoaty.......well at least trying to.......

My wish list:

Imana wild ride

Tour de Tuli

Sani 2 Sea

3 Towers

I agree, if you havent done a stage race do Sabie Lite....dont let the name fool you, last year was pretty taxing if you raced it, but I hear day 2 this year is easier than last year.

I have noticed that a lot of the stage races are really hard to get into, i have been on the berg and bush waiting list for 3 years but still no entry available.

RedRover, it just was not a good experience. The night ride was good and something different. Saturday was tough(maybe to tough, I like to spend quality time on my mtb but not suffer endless ours in the saddle). I have never ever spend 6 hours in the saddle even on much longer rides!

The food was poor and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if I have to pay for a Energade or beer after 6 hours on the bike. Water points only had a few small bar-one's and very "vlou" energy drink.

Compare this to Berg,Bush&Decent where all water points have more food than a Boston BBQ, you can eat all day long, all drinks are for free(inculding ALL BEERS), all masages are free and atmosphere are generaly much better!

I realy just feel(most probably like most of the other riders that wont do it again) that it is just not value for my mola!

well put!! I have done 2008 and 2010 and won't be back...2 many awesome stage races out there, and sorry to say this is at the bottom!!

My top 5:

Sani2c

Mankhele 3 towers

Knysna 300

berg 'n Bush...Both

Kalahari challenge (not tough-but different)

and Sabie xperience if it does not piss down!!

Edited by Santa C

Lord of the Chain Rings in Hogsback is outstanding. This years event is full already, but it's possible to go onto a waiting list.

The beauty of this event is that you start and finish all 3 days in Hogsback.

So it's back to the same hotel accommodation after every days riding.

Sani 2 c is also spectacular.

If you're a funrider, the best "stage race" is your own. Get some mates and head to Sabie or something for a week. Map out your routes beforehand, if road, get a following car, and go have a blast. On your own terms.

Sani2c - wines2whales - garden route 300 ... in knysna

these are a few I have seen so far ...

Definitely go for GR300. The best 3 days on a bike

If you are doing road, do not forget about the Kremetart in Louis Trichardt. Might just be a 1 day stage race, but it is the best value for money and most of the peeps on here who have done it, go back year after year.