32GI

ridr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reporting back. I went for a ride this morning. Followed Mark's instructions but was very nervous taking only water on my ride. Did my training ride and felt good afterwards. Must say I had my powerbalance band on :rolleyes: :offtopic:

Did not feel the fatique experienced previously :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Don't say you didn't know ... :drool:

BODYANDBIKE will be selling current 32GI stock for R205/tub. New stock will be priced slightly more in line with recommended retail price, although we will always aim to be extremely competitive in our pricing.

To book your tub: 021 910 2840

Don't say you didn't know ... :drool:

BODYANDBIKE will be selling current 32GI stock for R205/tub. New stock will be priced slightly more in line with recommended retail price, although we will always aim to be extremely competitive in our pricing.

To book your tub: 021 910 2840

Its Friday mmmmmmmmmmmm! Sa! Vat hom Fluffy!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

ok, so im one of the avid 32GI users, and as we know it only works if you are consuming low GI products while on the stuff.

I currently eat alot of diabetic jam samis, and apples while riding.

I just wanted to get an idea of what everyone else eats whilst on 32GI rides. maybe pick up a few tastier options :thumbup:

thanks!

Sorry I’m not answering your question, but when you say you are “ON” 32GI, does that mean that you use it as a daily supplement, or do you use it once or twice a week when you go out for longer than 2 hours?

And what is the right way to be “ON” 32GI?

Funny thing since I've been using 32gi is that I just don't feel like eating, and it's hard forcing stuff down my throat...

I keep a stash of christmas cake cut into 50g pieces that I take along on longer rides. I try have one every hour and a bit (actually just when I remember). I use this along with the 32GI and it seems to work. I find the fruit cake quite easy to eat while on the move unlike some of the bars and other foods I have tried. Not so sure about the GI of the cake but it works for me. (Also its got brandy in it :clap: :clap: )

I try to finish a 500ml 32GI before the ride and then go through a bottle every 1.5 hours

Hi!

I sometimes use redbar when I feel i need some more energy, low GI as well, quite tasty. Very nice energy bar. 250 kCal per bar which is quite a lot! Looks like they only use natural ingredients.

http://www.redbar.co.za

I've tasted the low GI bar from fast fuel once, but I can't remember if it was good or not, but it's an other option.

Sorry I’m not answering your question, but when you say you are “ON” 32GI, does that mean that you use it as a daily supplement, or do you use it once or twice a week when you go out for longer than 2 hours?

And what is the right way to be “ON” 32GI?

I mean when you are on a ride longer than 2 hours, i dont use it as a daily supplement, or even when i train during the week, just the long weekend rides and races.

Funny thing since I've been using 32gi is that I just don't feel like eating, and it's hard forcing stuff down my throat...

Ja, i know what you mean about not getting hungry, but i often force myself to eat something for fear of "running out of gas"

Marius, if I’m not mistaking you did the IM 70.3 the past weekend.

Maybe you can help. I bought myself some 32gi, but I only use it when I go out for longer than 2 houers at a time, so that might be once or twice a week. Is that the correct way to use it or should you use it daily with extra helpings when you do long rides?

I’m training for IM so I would like to make sure I use it correctly

I raced 70.3 on 32GI this past weekend.

For breakfast, I had that Natrure Life low GI cereal with a banana and then sucked on a 700ml bottle of 32GI. (Damn, I missed my coffee)

One x 500ml bottle on the bike together with half a packet of 32GI Chews (my second bottle I didnt drink becase of the cool, wet conditions).

The balance of the packet of 32GI chews at approx 6k's into the run with water at every other water station.

Only with approx 7k's to go after racing now for 5 hours, did I have a Powerbar Goo washed down with water and then with 3k's a Powerbar Energy bar.

At the end of the race I still felt strong.

Amen. I have recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a tub of the stuff to see what all the ooh and aah is all about..

I find I get so bloated drinking this stuff that I get dehydrated. I lose my thirst .. So, I guess Im suppose to use one water one 32Gi bottle?? But I only have one one liter bottle on my FS? Keep water in my camelabck? sure, what If I dont want to race with a camelback, normally a litre bottle of cytomax and 2 smallish bananas lasted just fine for anything up to 3:30

The stuff tastes like that MAZE stuff that cytomax brought out recently for training. I also saw on the bottle that there are quite a couple of the other nutrients I see in my cytomax that I dont see on the 32 Gi, which has left me wondering if the "lactic acid buffer"s etc etc is all BS anyway or if there might be some more technical stuff in cytomax that help with Higher intensity workouts? If I drink 50% WATER 50% 32GI I should have to get enough salts etc from the 32 gi to suplement for the times I only take water. Ive always been happy with Cytomax, so I might still be a bit Biased here, but Help me out, I mean I'd love to reap the benefits of the stuff, Its not like I own shares in cytomax... but for once they are probably amongst the best in the world as far as supplements go

I have definately not been very happy with the performance I get from 32 GI so far.

Might It have a niche which is more long slow endurance stuff? Or is it just me that need to get use to using it right?

Marius, if I’m not mistaking you did the IM 70.3 the past weekend.

Maybe you can help. I bought myself some 32gi, but I only use it when I go out for longer than 2 houers at a time, so that might be once or twice a week. Is that the correct way to use it or should you use it daily with extra helpings when you do long rides?

I’m training for IM so I would like to make sure I use it correctly

Jongozi - I only use 32gi on longer rides, not as a daily supplement. Just like Thug done more or less the same during the IM on Sunday...

Worked perfect for me in IM this weekend. But for the full IM I do take something to chew on, and soemthing salty - tastebuds and stomach get tired of all the sweet stuff...

Archived