Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

What time do you get on the road? I am looking to commute from Plumstead through to Paarden Eiland. Perhaps we can ride a section together.

Unfortunately, my commutes are limited to school holidays. I drop the lightie off in the mornings... 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My solution for avoiding the BRT as it goes under the N1, using my mtb of course

attachicon.gifPaarden Eiland BRT Detour.jpg

Now when you approach the top of the bridge, cross over the road to the right hand side barrier, climb over and enjoy a fun little drop down to the grass .... a little fun woop woop moment if you will.

My solution for avoiding the BRT as it goes under the N1, using my mtb of course

attachicon.gifPaarden Eiland BRT Detour.jpg

To get back from Century City to Plumstead/Wynberg in the afternoons I go over the pedestrian bridge at Century City Station & Old Mutual in Pinelands then through back end of Pinelands and choose one of many ways to get to Plumstead.

In the mornings I would go through to Woodstock and N1 to Marine drive cycle lane. 

Still have to plan when I get back to commuting again. 

Now when you approach the top of the bridge, cross over the road to the right hand side barrier, climb over and enjoy a fun little drop down to the grass .... a little fun woop woop moment if you will.

Left side also has a fun little drop down  :thumbup:

Normal practise here in Beer land.

Each dog has one tied to it's harness - see blue on photo. But my boy needed to stop more times than we had packets.

Edited by I FLY

A nice 9kg bike is a pleasure to commute on,except when the South Easter is pumping under the CT Civic Centre and you get blown all over the place.Missed my 16kg tank this morning. 

A nice 9kg bike is a pleasure to commute on,except when the South Easter is pumping under the CT Civic Centre and you get blown all over the place.Missed my 16kg tank this morning. 

what wind  :whistling: ... one of our commuter ladies is a rather small and petite lady .... seen her blown off her bike here, and over the pavement into the planter on the left....scary and funny all at the same time.

going to be fun cycling home though  :clap:

what wind  :whistling: ... one of our commuter ladies is a rather small and petite lady .... seen her blown off her bike here, and over the pavement into the planter on the left....scary and funny all at the same time.

going to be fun cycling home though  :clap:

Unless, like me, home involves riding straight into the teeth of the South Easter. Or your definition of fun is warped!

I must have put my invisibility cloak on this morning by accident - I was completely invisible to cars, taxis and pedestrians. One of those days where it felt like there was a contract out on me!

have you noticed that when the weather is "off" ... windy, rainy, etc then one always wears an invisibility cloak

have you noticed that when the weather is "off" ... windy, rainy, etc then one always wears an invisibility cloak

Which made this morning's ride in sunshine with blue skies all the more odder. It was windy, but not "blowing old ladies over" windy...