zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those on Endomondo remember there is the HubSA challenge for commuters

http://www.endomondo...lenges/13727179

Joined the challenge, however none of my workouts are showing up in the challenge ? Anyone have an idea why ? I've searched the site options and online help and don't find anything. I may just be blind and missed something totally obvious.

Joined the challenge, however none of my workouts are showing up in the challenge ? Anyone have an idea why ? I've searched the site options and online help and don't find anything. I may just be blind and missed something totally obvious.

Go to the training page where it shows all the rides that you've done. Select a ride and then hit edit. Make sure that "include in statistics" is checked. Will take an hour or two to then update.

Also make sure that commuting is logged as cycling transport, otherwise it also won't log as commuting.

Go to the training page where it shows all the rides that you've done. Select a ride and then hit edit. Make sure that "include in statistics" is checked. Will take an hour or two to then update.

Also make sure that commuting is logged as cycling transport, otherwise it also won't log as commuting.

Awesome thanks. I had my workout set to Cycling, Sport. After much clicking I've managed to update my workouts for the year. Reasonably chuffed with myself with just over 1000 km's so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, what is the best sealant for tubes? I cant do the whole tubeless thing now as my LBS wants to charge me R1200 including tyres...

Sludge or what?

Guys, what is the best sealant for tubes? I cant do the whole tubeless thing now as my LBS wants to charge me R1200 including tyres...

Sludge or what?

This is gonna sound crazy, but I have to say good things about the Fluid sealant sold at Game. Cheap and works like a bomb. Otherwise the Joe's No Flat's in both my tubeless setups have been working a dream and should work great in tubes.

sadly i've stopped commuting since i got a motorcycle *please forgive me* as know not when my last ride to work has been :mellow:

Pedestrians are idiots when crossing the road, one morning while commuting I unfortunately/fortunately took out one. I saw him crossing the road 50m before a zebra stripes, saw he didn't see me and started to go around him. He had earphones on looking down on his phone. When he saw. Cruisin got a fright and jumped back right in front of me. Kop aan kop collision. Luckely he wasn't hurt to bad and walked home with a bloody nose. I apologised profusely.

Pedestrian on the cyclepath walking with the wind wearing headphones looking down at their mobile phone. You approaching with a beautiful following 35km/h South-Easter pedalling your heart out in the toppest of top gears.

Massive shout "Watchit!!" Pedestrian turns around leaps two feet in the air; you stop just in time, rear wheel fifteen inches off the ground.

Thanking whoever for hydraulic disc brakes you zoom back up to top speed, heart racing, not caring that your legs will be finished too soon. Riding with that wind is phantasmagorical.

A magnificent journey home.....

A couple of Mondays ago if I remember correctly: Fantastico!

• 3 weeks later...

Good fudge, last night was hard work and the most terrifying experience with traffic.

Darkness caught me with about 3km to go. The light I have on the bike did not help either. 1000 lumens can't beat the darkness in traffic, no matter what anyone says. It is just as if every hole (ass-hole included in this) comes out after the sun sets.

The last 3 km of my commute home = a piece of hell. 3 robots (one that 70% of cars turns left on with only one lane) and a constant climb that will break most spirits of cycling. Now combine that climb with a bunch of idiots that have 0 regards

And taking this road on a single speed was not the wisest choice of the day.

When you wake up and think you wont take the bike today, thats when you should ride. Every time I get stuck taking the car (due to oversleep or lack of sleep) I ALWAYS get stuck in the worst traffic going an dcoming back from work