Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A white one perhaps? Blouberg area?

Road was quiet today...That mental aspect is probably the mlst important thing in your backpack. Sometimes it will be tough and long...but the very next day you'll be rewarded with a stunning sunrise or wind at your back. As Tombeej says, prepare the night before. No excuses then.

Some guys will just never ever greet you. Not sure if it's the pro-kit they most often wear or the fact that I'm only a commuter, but please, guys, if you're not going to at least greet before sitting in my slip, please put a sign on your back saying "I don't smile for anyone", so I don't waste my breath greeting you?

If, invariably they have a technical in future, would they the insist on help?

Sometimes you get free coffee on the commute :-)

From a lovely lady who made a nice heart shape in my coffee this morning :) ... II assume you got your coffee from the same lady?

You got a heart?! Lucky buggar! Yep, same one and very friendly...made for a very nice stop! Thanks again outriders.

That is almost the distance that I would do, mine closer to 60km. Maybe follow the twice a week deal, Drive car and bike in on Teus and then cycle back next morning.

So have you taken the plunge yet - I'm keen to hear!

• 2 months later...

Seems to freak drivers out when you're riding in bucketing rain (like yesterday's commute back) with a big smile on hour face!

Do you sometimes notice how your HR drops through the floor when you're riding into a very strong wind, even though you are working as hard as you can? Suppose it would be because you're suddenly pushing a relatively much larger gear at much lower cadence?

Ps, want to get to your target weight? Commute. Works wonders...

I haven't dropped a single kilo since I started commuting. In actual fact I have to keep buying bigger and bigger pants, cause I my legs keep getting bigger. A 34 fits me around the waist, but I have to wear a 38 in order for my legs to fit.

Must say, its been fun reading these posts. I love my commute. Its so much better than taking the car or train.

You guys are a bunch of turds. It's because of THIS thread that I started commuting last week :) Here's hoping I can stick to it.

:clap: Bravo! A commuter convert .... go, Bushcamp! Go!

Edited by LeTurbo