Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Every now and again (like yesterday) it just feels like a massive schlep to get on the bike. But then, if you're lucky, you get a wind in the back all the way home...and all is forgotten.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't discuss the weather for ages...at someone's place it will be raining or another, windy. Just go and ride.

What route did you take?

Blaauwberg Road, then along the cycle path to Old Castle Brewery, and to Obs along Albert Road. I followed the same route in the car.

Specialized roadbikes are sneaky sneaky quiet! Whirrrrring along (knobblies) at 35km/h when this guy pulls up next to me this morning. Almost sh*t myself! I'm used to normally doing the passing! :)

Getting light nice and early now...

Specialized roadbikes are sneaky sneaky quiet! Whirrrrring along (knobblies) at 35km/h when this guy pulls up next to me this morning. Almost sh*t myself! I'm used to normally doing the passing! :)

Getting light nice and early now...

Do you happen to be the same zeabre from avforums ?

Sorry for the off topic.

Yep! Small world! My two great passions in life. Take it you're on there as well?

Yip, don't post often anymore, it's become very DIY and the audiophools get looked upon as snobs.

This is me ...

*off topic* So true...lots of opinions there that you can't enjoy good music unless you have a R500 000 system. And I suppose the cable debate is similar to the 29er debate!*/off topic*

Thinkng about it, I suppose every 'interest' will have the

mine is most expensive

mine is least expensive

I built my own one

noob

been around the block

loud arrogant

troll

confused, because I thought we all just enjoyed the same interest

camps...

*off topic* So true...lots of opinions there that you can't enjoy good music unless you have a R500 000 system. And I suppose the cable debate is similar to the 29er debate!*/off topic*

Thinkng about it, I suppose every 'interest' will have the

mine is most expensive

mine is least expensive

I built my own one

noob

been around the block

loud arrogant

troll

confused, because I thought we all just enjoyed the same interest

camps...

Always, I was there as Cleansound years ago, the Analogos and then ...

Good to have you here :D

Another lesson of commuting. Having a relationship with a good LBS nearby!

Yesterday morning I had a 'contact' with one of our taxi brethren, after launching counter measures I took evasive action and mounted the kerb. Unfortunately I cased the back wheel on one of the sidewalk stones and picked up a metal spike.

Fortunately though the tyre (kinda) held enough for me to get to the office, albeit needing to stop four times to pump the tyre. Popped round to Mikes Bikes after, and they worked the rim so that it was rideable at least, tis toast though :(

Yesterday morning I had a 'contact' with one of our taxi brethren, after launching counter measures I took evasive action and mounted the kerb. Unfortunately I cased the back wheel on one of the sidewalk stones and picked up a metal spike.

Fortunately though the tyre (kinda) held enough for me to get to the office, albeit needing to stop four times to pump the tyre. Popped round to Mikes Bikes after, and they worked the rim so that it was rideable at least, tis toast though :(

Sorry Dude! I've also had a wheel wiped out by an a---hole. Small price to pay for your life and health. Glad you're OK.

On that note, another lesson for commuters: it's not serious if you leave the office a little late in the evening to get home (no strict deadline to get back), but always important to leave 15min early in the mornings to get to the office. For some reason the *** always happens on the way in, causing you to be a little late, which means that somewhat naked feeling walking through the passages in your banana hammock and cleats, past all the cubicles and perplexed expressions on peoples' faces. I always aim to be the first one in so that I can open up, get my shower in and be settled at my desk before the rest of the office rock up.