Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The front of the queue is reserved for the first person that "shows me the money"

Dibs (right of first refusal) will only happen with a non-refundable deposit.

I would say that is the grounds for all transaction.

Using the Test of the Reasonable Man, if such a thing exists on the Hub, would indicate that there is enough variety of opinion regarding both the meaning and respect for the term Dibs, that it is meaningless and merely an expression of intent by prospective buyers.

Key to understanding the OP's unhappiness in my opinion therefore, comes down to his use of the word "negotiating". While he was still negotiating, another buyer concluded a deal. i.e. firm offer and acceptance.

Let me give an example:

At the PMB World Cup late on Sunday afternoon as teams are starting to pack up, mechanics of at least one pro team are offering kit, tyres etc which were fitted but lightly or not used at the event, for sale rather than ship them home at great cost. In one case there is a crowd of guys negotiating with a mechanic regarding a sale of 2 x tyres not easily available locally, at least not cheaply. I enquire as to his asking price. While the crowd of negotiators is still negotiating, I pass 4 notes to the seller over their heads. Seller passes 2 x tyres to me. Deal done by means of firm offer being made (money to seller) and accepted (tyres to me). I walk away with tyres, negotiators stand around looking at each other as if their chamois has turned to sandpaper.

Key principle: Negotiating means the terms (including shipping) of the offer are still being finalised which means the resulting offer cannot have been made nor accepted. Hence no concluded sale. Unfortunate for OP but a fact of life.

The most definitive argument yet.

The case is closed :)

The most definitive argument yet.

The case is closed :)

Rubbish - logic is not acceptable on TheHub! Ban him! (i call dibs on pushing the banning button)

Edited by Chubba

DIB - Delivered in box?

clap.gifclap.gif Or Delivered in Box Sold = DIBS. Then the issue would be who holds title to the goods if DIB vs DIBS?

......... but Safari Suits are timeless, Nukeproof and never go out of fashion.

No offense, but I almost fell off my chair laughing and coughing so hard. :lol:

This is what most of you sound like....

post-7990-0-25958300-1315397739.jpg

So very typical.

Poor attitude towards buyers/customers

Poor customer service.

Poor customer management.

More than often, symptoms of the South African business environment.

Many comments here, prove just that.

Talking of "money" in hand, without any effort. Go for it ! Stick to that philosophy.

One wonders why so many good business ideas never prosper.