Dirt roadies !!!

banna

Nonsense, any sport is centered around competiveness. If yo are not competing in sport whether you are 18 or 80 then you are missing out. Sport is about winning or at least giving it you rbest to win.

If you guys think sport is for fun, then I sure hope you didn't watch the Boks this morning and say, have fun guys, we will enjoy watching you have fun. Doesn't really matter who wins.

If you wanna sit in the bunch and have fun then go ride with an old granny bunch who will stop for tea with you.

True AND false

The Boks are the best SA has to offer, and because of that they are expected to win, win, win...

For the rest of us, well we cannot win as we are not that athletically gifted (and we know that), but to go out and talk 'big' and race everybody, everywhere is just compensating for physical shortcomings ....

A club ride is a ride, not a race.... Sure try and beat others in a race, but does 47th in your bunch (or even 12th?), meaning 637th overall, beaten by 10 ladies actually mean anything? It does not even bring bragging rights... Not even being first in the B ir C bunch... whoop! whoop! nothing!!!

So, just accept the personal challenge and do the best you can do, but do not go and wrap your 637th place around your buddies' heads. Compete against yourself, not me. I hate it when some d1ckh3ad wants to race when there is nothing on the line.. I've been known to start walking in a running race, or pull of the track if the racing gets 'nasty'... Cannot be bothered with those compensating for shortcomings.

Challenge yourself, but remember if you are not being paid to race, or race for team selection of some sort, then you are doing it for fun / as a hubby / for health / whatever else

Edited by agteros

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is your problem, you have tits. <snip>

and in other (old) biological news: Males and females have tits....

True AND false

The Boks are the best SA has to offer, and because of that they are expected to win, win, win...

For the rest of us, well we cannot win as we are not that athletically gifted (and we know that), but to go out and talk 'big' and race everybody, everywhere is just compensating for physical shortcomings ....

A club ride is a ride, not a race.... Sure try and beat others in a race, but does 47th in your bunch (or even 12th?), meaning 637th overall, beaten by 10 ladies actually mean anything? It does not even bring bragging rights... Not even being first in the B ir C bunch... whoop! whoop! nothing!!!

So, just accept the personal challenge and do the best you can do, but do not go and wrap your 637th place around your buddies' heads. Compete against yourself, not me. I hate it when some d1ckh3ad wants to race when there is nothing on the line.. I've been known to start walking in a running race, or pull of the track if the racing gets 'nasty'... Cannot be bothered with those compensating for shortcomings.

Challenge yourself, but remember if you are not being paid to race, or race for team selection of some sort, then you are doing it for fun / as a hubby / for health / whatever else

:thumbup: :thumbup:

There is your problem, you have tits. Looks like you gave up years ago if you have this attitude. You may as well roll over and die if you have given up on being competitive (even in your age group) and are suggesting others do the same. It is easy to be negative and try and pass it on to others. I have come across many people like you in life who are negative toward those who try be the best they can. Guys like you don't deserve to be called sportsman because all you see are limitationsstead of possibilities.

Are you by any chance over weight and getting on in age?

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head you super talented super gifted pompous hunk of magnificence :thumbup:

Wake up and smell the coffee, it's about time most realise what did not fall in to their gene pool can't be created by race face only, so they might as well get on with it.

I know I have.

And if you think your little shi!t parade here spells positivity, then I have news for you The Break, you have never won a grand tour, because you just didn't have it in you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Dangle

and in other (old) biological news: Males and females have tits....

The real tough okes don't know this.

I get a feeling The Break (the name says it all) will whip my ass on a bike.

So, just accept the personal challenge and do the best you can do, but do not go and wrap your 637th place around your buddies' heads. Compete against yourself, not me.

Exactly my point.

The real tough okes don't know this.

He can always be an ex-elite who cannot hang with the $ bunch (or get a contract) any more, now needs the rest of us to try and race him, so he can convince himself that is still super talented? blink.gif

He can always be an ex-elite who cannot hang with the $ bunch (or get a contract) any more, now needs the rest of us to try and race him, so he can convince himself that is still super talented? blink.gif

Ja, kinda the same smell coming from my griddle too, I see little hints here about the ease of mountainbiking, perhaps even a hint as to how he showed Burry how it should be done.

More Kallie Knoetze's in this sport than in all of the boxing world.

Kallie was known as Die Bek ;)

Amen brother! Amen, hahaha!

But yeah... to me (and that means personal opinion, so flame away) mountain biking isn't about lycra, shaved legs, 7kg bikes, body pumped full of carbo-gel-hyper-super-drink-bars, shaving 10sec off their 70km race times (races which mostly take place on district road)...

All that stuff is somewhat "dirt roadie" in my opinion...

If I had to explain mountain biking to someone with no preconceptions...

I'd say this vid portrays the spirit of mountain biking

Cycling and fishing, living the dream. :clap:

No news there...

We all know even my 9 year old daughter is faster than you :D

Generalisations suck ass. Sean B just made a host of them. I'll make one - mtb magazines are a WOFTAM because they are full of useless repeat features on how to lose fat and build endurance, infomercial type bike reviews and mindless editorial rants.... :P

Generalisations suck ass. Sean B just made a host of them. I'll make one - mtb magazines are a WOFTAM because they are full of useless repeat features on how to lose fat and build endurance, infomercial type bike reviews and mindless editorial rants.... :P

You've just describedd Bicycling Magazine

• 1 month later...

Ok so I am not a mountainbiker. Shaun dis-inherited me. I ride a Mtb Tandem. I am old and unfit, so is my Lifelong Tandem partner, the trusty ole EM. Grandma of 3 and another two coming. I am a Grandfather by default then as well. I cannot ride steep mountain passes nor can I entertain switchback (the tandem is too long) neither can we ride full blast skirting danger on steep downhill descents. Am I now a flat country biker?...... even Babbas is too steep for me!!!!!

Has Shaunie now forcibly disinherited me from joining the clan of the Mountainbikers. I really feel a great sadness creeping over my aeging old body that somebody who I thought once was quite kewl becuse he wrote kewl artikkels, are now wrenching my dreams away from me.

Edited by eccentric1

Ouch, can't believe I read through all of that.

So basicallly people are STRONGLY opinionated because someone had a strong opinion (whatever it/they are). This is so South African it hurts.

Live and let live, or march to the JSE, or bitch to AfriForum. Its all the same.

Ouch, can't believe I read through all of that.

FFS! You've got a strong stomach. Want a beer after that?

I'd say come on over for one, but dunno if you want to make the trek from the 'berg to the 'burg...

Edited by TNT1