Dirt roadies !!!

banna

Hi I'm Eldron and I'm a lycra wearing racy mountain bike 29er hardtail continental race king tubeless non booty non peak shimano rockshox american classic gel and banana using dirt roadie. Quite a mouthful.

Can't I just say "Hi I'm Eldron". Much easier right Sean?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm Philip and I like mountainbiking.

Some days I ride so hard that my lungs are clapping hands, I get tunnel vision and my hands go numb. Some days I ride the same lap over and over. Other days I ride on gravel roads for hours on end, sometimes I ride for the view, sometimes I ride to rail singletrack and scare trees by riding close to them and launching over rock gardens. I've even been known to do urban assualts on a bike that is ridiculously small.

So what am I? A MTBer? A dirt roadie? A skinny jean pant wearing kid?

Nah, I'm just someone who ride bikes because I love riding, no matter how you ride, if you love riding, you are my brother.

No I wouldn't expect the whole group to wait, what would be common courtesy is for 2 or 3 riders to wait, I'm not talking about someone helping the guy change the tube, simply not being stuck in the dark by yourself becoming the next victim of a bike jacking or mugging i.e. safety in numbers. Just my 2c use it or don't

I am not quite clear on the scenario you are trying to bring across here, execpt that you think roadies are wankers and mtbikers not. Did the puncture guy start with you in your group or was he a stranger next to the road.

If stranger next to the road, what is he doing out in the dark by himself? If he started with your group and no one stopped, you are all a bunch of tjops including you!

I offer the same assistance no matter where I am, on the road, trail, track or wherever. I have been given tubes, chainlinks, borrowed tools and I just return the favor to the next stranger in need.

But I have no intention of fixing another man's puncture, do you allow other men to play with your tube?

Dirt roadies? Lycra looks gay, no matter what you are riding.

Amen brother! Amen, hahaha!

But yeah... to me (and that means personal opinion, so flame away) mountain biking isn't about lycra, shaved legs, 7kg bikes, body pumped full of carbo-gel-hyper-super-drink-bars, shaving 10sec off their 70km race times (races which mostly take place on district road)...

All that stuff is somewhat "dirt roadie" in my opinion...

If I had to explain mountain biking to someone with no preconceptions...

I'd say this vid portrays the spirit of mountain biking

Edited by patches

Amen brother! Amen, hahaha!

But yeah... to me (and that means personal opinion, so flame away) mountain biking isn't about lycra, shaved legs, 7kg bikes, body pumped full of carbo-gel-hyper-super-drink-bars, shaving 10sec off their 70km race times (races which mostly take place on district road)...

All that stuff is somewhat "dirt roadie" in my opinion...

<_<

You lot seriously have your panties in a bunch about Sean's article. IMHO you lot need to de-stress. Go ride your bikes, whatever they may be.

Sheesh, I'm pleased I moved out of the city.

Patches I'd love to be able to do that, think I must organize a trip to Hogsback.

I actually think tread is a pretty good mag. Not much gravity or freeride content but better than the other sa mags. But i wish we could get dirt mag here. It is the best mag ever no contest.

Hello my name is Jack...

I have carbon rizer bars and have been known to fit bar ends on them on occasions.

To balance out this unmountainbikerlike beahviour, I use my mtb shoes for road cycling with Time ATAC pedals on my road bike...and a peak on my helmut

I bet Sean doesn't do that?

*shakes head* Phillistine!

He's probably gotten used to people laughing and pointing fingers at him.

Guest agteros

Hello my name is Jack...

I have carbon rizer bars and have been known to fit bar ends on them on occasions.

To balance out this unmountainbikerlike beahviour, I use my mtb shoes for road cycling with Time ATAC pedals on my road bike...and a peak on my helmut

You stand to be corrected sir. There is no such thing as a helmut peak. angry.gif

IT IS A HELMUT PEEK! clap.gif

tongue.gif

I bet Sean doesn't know if his chain is on the right way round.

Hello my name is Jack...

You stand to be corrected sir. There is no such thing as a helmut peak. angry.gif

IT IS A HELMUT PEEK! clap.gif

tongue.gif

Helmet vs Helmut

Peloton vs Peleton

Brakes vs Breaks

Wear can I find an application too join the spelling police??

Hello my name is Jack...

Hijack

You forgot to mention that you wear a Camelback for road cycling too ... blush.gif