Bad Attitude on the Hub

tunariaan

Another Jerry Springer special hub edition...

You watch Jerry Springer - yeccccch!Ya like watching fat dumb and overweight trailer park people showing no respect, tearing of wigs and clothes of other people? Yeccccch ! again

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Lordy.

Didn't read the hole thread, but are you a sean b follower?

I sorta agree with what you say, but can road riders have fun too?

no, road riders cannot have fun. You cannot possibly call a roadie a cyclist.

It is like Ireland. One win against the Ozzies does not make them world champs.

Neither does 2 trophies for a tandem.

PS: Mense wat in glas huise bly moet eerder nie klip gooi nie - Ek het nou klaar al jou spelfoute probeer tune. Los myne uit en ek los joune uit! 10-4?

Ja maae ek is disslekeis, is kleurblind, het chroniese sinus, oud en oorgewig, jy mag nie met my spot nie.

Tel 14 de by Babbas oor die kort race? Ek wil nie die Aussies wen nie!

Ja maae ek is disslekeis, is kleurblind, het chroniese sinus, oud en oorgewig, jy mag nie met my spot nie.

Tel 14 de by Babbas oor die kort race? Ek wil nie die Aussies wen nie!

Eerstens net weer sorry. Dit help nie ek gee vir Dangle twak oor hy vir Tuna twak gee nie - en dan doen ek dieselfde met oom nie!

14de by Babbas hier op die hub tel net as jy met net een been getrap het en geen voorwiel gehad het nie.

Die boekprys wat ek in st.3 vir gereelde skoolbesoek gekry het beteken glo ook boggerol!

Eldron's opinion - if you're consistently in the top 10 in the shorter races then you should migrate to the longer races - all you're doing is trophy hunting and denying a junior/up and coming rider a spot in the sun.

The "shorter race is more intense than the longer race" argument is bollocks - most of the longer races are won on average speeds higher than the medium and short race.

Life is all about progression - if you're sticking to the shorter races so you can race at the front then pop your ego into the cupboard and race your peers in the longer stuff.

If you're injured/sick/been overseas for 6 months/lazy then by all means spend some time on the shorter stuff to get your race legs back but once your a-ok then it's back to the big boys for you.

Why would you want to be a big fish in a tiny pond? Step into the deep water and learn to swim! The pleasure of progression against "the best of the best" will bring far more reward than walloping Johnny Weekend Rider and Sally Under 16 School Champ.

Apart from that you're just interfering in a race of peers by dropping your senior/sub vet body into a junior race.

no, road riders cannot have fun. You cannot possibly call a roadie a cyclist.

Musta done something wrong this weekend then. Only did road rides, and had an absolute blast.

Eldron's opinion - if you're consistently in the top 10 in the shorter races then you should migrate to the longer races - all you're doing is trophy hunting and denying a junior/up and coming rider a spot in the sun.

:o :o

You didn't, just do that, tell me you didn't.

@Bontie, Smoister and Nathrix, thanks for the group hug fellas :)

@Nathrix, I have to thank you for setting forth that Atta challenge, it was the most self fulfilling thing I have ever done.

Re. short and long races.

I recall around 9 years back how Steelniner and myself were slugging it out at a 6 hour race, it was massive, gosh 6 hours on a bike, who would have thought we could race that ,full tilt.

Guys like Beswick and them were doing the 40 k. distances, there was quite a massive strong field of competitors in those events,

Epic came and changed the face of our sport, guys started migrating to the 70k. distances and now the ultra's.

We have gone from racing 6 hours as a massive achievement to now riding our singlespeeds at Atta over almost the same time.

The sport has changed, riders have migrated and the shorter events have now become racing grounds for up and coming youngsters and weekend riders looking for a challenge.

If they had shorter events, as in the days of Richie Beswick, criticism would have been different too.

Musta done something wrong this weekend then. Only did road rides, and had an absolute blast.

BoB, had I lived in your hood, I would have been on my roadbike 60% of the time :thumbup:

:o :o

You didn't, just do that, tell me you didn't.

I can and I did :D

We've all been there - we've all thought "how can we be this knackered after only 40km and guys are still whipping us by 30 minutes????". Then we get better - we adapted, we ficussed our training, we learnt our lessons, we paid our school fees, we took on bigger challenges, we bought single speeds, we did stupid stuff, we raced stage races, we kept going back the the crater cruise and we rose to the challenge.

Broaden your horizons short race hustlers - you'll be glad you did!

I can and I did :D

We've all been there - we've all thought "how can we be this knackered after only 40km and guys are still whipping us by 30 minutes????". Then we get better - we adapted, we ficussed our training, we learnt our lessons, we paid our school fees, we took on bigger challenges, we bought single speeds, we did stupid stuff, we raced stage races, we kept going back the the crater cruise and we rose to the challenge.

Broaden your horizons short race hustlers - you'll be glad you did!

Saying that, Spring Classic this year, not a long race, but by no means and easy one.

If you are not having fun then whats the bloody point? Go play golf or watch rugby or something.

I tried 2 of those:

Rugby watching was a success

Golf was a flop (lost 3 balls on the 1st tee…)

Thinking about the something else part:

Maybe a new thread titled “I Tune you my Dingus is bigger than your Dangus” just for those who like to tune *** sometimes?

"[T]o play golf is to spoil an otherwise enjoyable walk."

Winston Churchill?

After yesterday I tend to agree, problem is there are always some shots / holes that go well enough to make you want play more....

Winston Churchill?

After yesterday I tend to agree, problem is there are always some shots / holes that go well enough to make you want play more....

one shot out of 80 thats worth it and you go back for more punishment!

Winston Churchill?

It's most often attrubuted - wrongly, I believe - to Mark Twain. But according to quotegarden.com, it should be "attributed to "the Allens," as quoted by H.S. Scrivener in Lawn Tennis at Home and Abroad, 1903, Arthur Wallis Myers…"

For a great read, try Tom Morton's Hell's Golfer: A Good Walk Spoiled!

I don't mind the driving range. There's one on Cason Road. The clubhouse is above a Teazers.

I don't mind the driving range. There's one on Cason Road. The clubhouse is above a Teazers.

Nothing like blasting your balls past Teazers.