Show us your pets

tunariaan

Dogs! Just like children, they can throw you curve balls!

Got home from the opera Sunday night and found Rufus hobbling on 3 legs and not putting weight on one of his hind legs. Monday morning he refused to even hobble to his food bowl. THAT's when I got really worried. Rearranged my day, missing half a days international conference, got an emergency appointment with the vet. Arranged for someone to help me carry him to the car..........

.........when I brought his lead suddenly he could hobble to the car with a bit of a limp. By the time we got to the vet he was walking on all fours with hardly a hiccup, tail wagging and wanting to sniff around and make friends.........there I was, embarrassed and trying to explain that he REALLY was totally unable to walk, just 15 minutes ago.

Luckily nothing serious. Just a sprained muscle. What from I don't know. Chasing cats? Playing the fool? Making your owner look like an idiot?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Batcat is growing nicely

Batcat is also crazy...we are now letting her go outside..under supervision of course.. she's still a bit stupid and will probably end up following the big cats to their night time jols..that's why she is still under supervision[emoji23][emoji23]

A very very sociable kitty

She's cute though she sleeps in my one son's room at night and when he goes to bed he takes her with..all he has to say is come Bat go to the room it's bed time.. and off she goes.

a3fb50d42a415ec136017ab978cad019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Dogs! Just like children, they can throw you curve balls!

Got home from the opera Sunday night and found Rufus hobbling on 3 legs and not putting weight on one of his hind legs. Monday morning he refused to even hobble to his food bowl. THAT's when I got really worried. Rearranged my day, missing half a days international conference, got an emergency appointment with the vet. Arranged for someone to help me carry him to the car..........

.........when I brought his lead suddenly he could hobble to the car with a bit of a limp. By the time we got to the vet he was walking on all fours with hardly a hiccup, tail wagging and wanting to sniff around and make friends.........there I was, embarrassed and trying to explain that he REALLY was totally unable to walk, just 15 minutes ago.

Luckily nothing serious. Just a sprained muscle. What from I don't know. Chasing cats? Playing the fool? Making your owner look like an idiot?

Aggenee [emoji23]

At least the injury isn't too serious..you never know what these pets get up to

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having a bad month.

Lost my dad last week. 2 days ago my BIL lost his dad to cancer. Tonight I need to make a call on Rudolph, my 7 year old Swiss Shepherd. He has developed an aggressive cancer, and has not been eating the past 7 days. The doc says there is not much we do for him and that he is suffering too much. I will have to decide tonight what we are going to do, but putting him out is the only humane decision.

Emotionally I am already tired.

Condolences with your loos, Moridin, and with the difficult decision you must make. But rather sooner than later if he suffers a lot.