Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunner of a pup, Riaan! But one day when he's big, he's gonna get you back for posting public pics of him on a pink blankie...  :P Or maybe that's what the shoes was about already! 

Edited by SeaBee

My pitty, Roger - he is 5 years old, and a friend's pit Zoe. She's 5 months. They're always sad when we separate them.  

attachicon.gifR & Z.jpg

Best friends normally hate it when you seperate them:)

lovely dogs!

post-24825-0-93526200-1436436543_thumb.jpgpost-24825-0-41312400-1436436557_thumb.jpg

This is Floyd . My Scottish birthday present . Eight months old and in charge of the house. Dapper little bloke .

Gives Ragel the Boxer a hard time ( up to a point). I Think his haircut is a Boere Scotty cut . But I like it.

attachicon.gifFloyd.jpgattachicon.gifFloyd Ragel.jpg

This is Floyd . My Scottish birthday present . Eight months old and in charge of the house. Dapper little bloke .

Gives Ragel the Boxer a hard time ( up to a point). I Think his haircut is a Boere Scotty cut . But I like it.

Ahh those scotty eyes look so familiar

But that pom pom tail...Nooooo das ist verboten

attachicon.gifFloyd.jpgattachicon.gifFloyd Ragel.jpg

Floyd is stunning but he cannot go on walk in public with that tail! Changes Floyd's hairdresser please!

Hey guys,

Quick question. We will be moving soon, pretty long drive from PE to Pretoria(1100km)

We will be stopping often, even a sleep over in Bloem to make 2 smaller trips. Our 2 Bassets are cool, will most likely sleep all the way. The cat is an issue though. He does settle down after a little driving. We bought a harness so that we can take him out of the car at stops to eat, pee, etc but he refuses to walk or even function with it on.

It's quite funny but also concerning, when he has the harness on he stands with a bowed back, pulls to the left and just doesn't want to walk. Flops over and just lies there.

Any advice?

Flying, because of the costs, is not an option.

Drugs would be a last resort.

Hey guys,

Quick question. We will be moving soon, pretty long drive from PE to Pretoria(1100km)

We will be stopping often, even a sleep over in Bloem to make 2 smaller trips. Our 2 Bassets are cool, will most likely sleep all the way. The cat is an issue though. He does settle down after a little driving. We bought a harness so that we can take him out of the car at stops to eat, pee, etc but he refuses to walk or even function with it on.

It's quite funny but also concerning, when he has the harness on he stands with a bowed back, pulls to the left and just doesn't want to walk. Flops over and just lies there.

Any advice?

Flying, because of the costs, is not an option.

Drugs would be a last resort.

9mm parabellum? No sorry just joking, maybe drugs of some sort will be the best option.

9mm parabellum? No sorry just joking, maybe drugs of some sort will be the best option.

Well he does a pellet in him. Somebody in our complex shot him 2 years ago, pellet got stuck under his skin and the wound healed before we could get it out. Vet gave him the all clear and so we left it.

Please help with some advice. My lab ( Sasha ) suffers from an ailment referred to as Spirocerca Lupi . After receiving very expensive medication , X-rays , Vets fees , etc . she is still very ill and fading away. She hardly eats , vomits a lot of slime with traces of blood. The Vet recons there is no more he can do for her. It troubles me deeply to make a decision to rid this beautiful loving animal of her life. Whenever I thinks it is time to take this dreadfull decision , she wags her tail as if to say , " thank you for letting me live ". I am not keeping her alive for my own benefit and I don't want her to suffer. The Vet is of the opinion that posible cancer treatment could extend her live somewhat , but the quality could be questionable.

Please help with some advice. My lab ( Sasha ) suffers from an ailment referred to as Spirocerca Lupi . After receiving very expensive medication , X-rays , Vets fees , etc . she is still very ill and fading away. She hardly eats , vomits a lot of slime with traces of blood. The Vet recons there is no more he can do for her. It troubles me deeply to make a decision to rid this beautiful loving animal of her life. Whenever I thinks it is time to take this dreadfull decision , she wags her tail as if to say , " thank you for letting me live ". I am not keeping her alive for my own benefit and I don't want her to suffer. The Vet is of the opinion that posible cancer treatment could extend her live somewhat , but the quality could be questionable.

Keep her as comfortable as possible, pain medication if needed (not sure it's needed in this case). I would avoid any further non-curative treatment, it is likely to just make her feel worse and hit your bank account further. If anything rather spend more money on a second opinion, not some holistic/homeopathic/ Chinese healer but another good vet.

Feel for you, it's an awful place to find yourself in.