Buycycle.co.za

yetiboy

You're a muppit.

www.clickmynonexistentlinkandtakeitasapersonalinsultifyouwish.com

biggrin.gif wiff a chip on bofe shoulders

Agree 100% if the items are not in stock they should indicate that the product has a lead-time at which point you could contact them and find out what the lead-time is before paying, simple website upgrade if this feature isn't supported. I run a large on-line store (one of our business portals, not our core business focus) and we indicate if the item is in stock or not, always blows my mind how we still get clients placing orders for items that are clearly marked "*** Currently out of stock *** and then paying us for the order, just creates an admin overhead that could be avoided.

It's impossible to protect stupid people from themselves.

I reckon the majority of problems experienced by customers can be traced back to customer ignorance/inattention.

Me - I bought a 2 night stay at a game lodge for a ridiculous price from Grrrroupon. My Spidersense was saying "too good to be true" but I couldn't find any reason why it wasn't....until after I bought it I saw the line that said "Mon to Thu only". DOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! Now I'm going to have to take some leave to enjoy my holiday. The penalty for my stupidity :lol:

Edit: damnit I hate this auto linking tool that thehub is using. Grrrroupon is a fine company but I don't want it to look like I'm punting them with a link!

Edited by Eldron

I am taking that is a personal insult :angry: coz by saying that you are basically saying I am a complete idiot :o

But you got the just of what I was saying hence your post

Seems allot of these type of complaints on the hub and I do not think that the thread serves any purpose and this is the hub not hellomatt.com

It's in the Rant and Rave section and it is cycling related....why do you feel the original poster shouldn't have his say?

One would hope the various online stores keep an eye on this site!

It's in the Rant and Rave section and it is cycling related....why do you feel the original poster shouldn't have his say?

Agreed, seems relevant to me. Don't read it or participate if it's not to your liking. Seems consensus is buycycle.co.za is genrally good........maybe I will have to give them another try.

I've bought from them before and had good experience, they even gave me a refund when i did not do my homework and ordered the wrong thing.

But like all experiences, no company can claim to have 100% customer satisfaction.

Agreed, seems relevant to me. Don't read it or participate if it's not to your liking. Seems consensus is buycycle.co.za is genrally good........maybe I will have to give them another try.

I also agree. The OP had his say, but then also asked if anyone else has had an issue to see if its just a once-off releated issue.

Seems most people including myself are really happy with the server from Buycycle.

Ordered some chain rings that were on special on buycycle.co.za on 30 August. Received an email a day later saying items were out of stock, would I like a refund or to put the items on back order, all good at this stage. Got a follow up a while later saying items would arrive soon, but no further correspondence. So Nearly 2 months later, emailed the guys and got no response.Sent a further email yesterday and get back a small note saying they have refunded me. No sorry, do you want a refund etc. Think I will stick with chain reaction.........Anybody else had bad service from them? Maybe it's a once off and I should be more forgiving or my expectations are too high?

or instead of CRC you can keep it local cause local is leaker with:

Rush Sports or Olympic Cycles or Gumbo or...

:)

Completely off topic: third bloody time in a row I find myself rubbing the PC screen to try and kill the bug ;)

Completely off topic: third bloody time in a row I find myself rubbing the PC screen to try and kill the bug ;)

+1 ! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

My only problem that I have with them is that their shipping is just bloody expensive. Why don't they keep stock in Gauteng then I don't have to pay for shipping?? BUT....I wanted to buy some tires that they have on special and I phoned them. The guy (Mr x...don't know his name) said they have stock with them here in Pta. I said "awesome" and if it is ok if I pick it up myself then I don't need to pay for shipping...the guy said "NO, I still need to pay for shipping"....WHY!!???! :angry: :angry:

Edited by skyfreak

+1 ! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

My 3 year old has made a huge mess of my Macbook trying to catch that "gogga".....

Edited by Noneking

You're a muppit.

www.clickmynonexistentlinkandtakeitasapersonalinsultifyouwish.com

HA HA HA - if i type that in my browser it takes me to a google search page and deliver 1 hit - this thread.

Awesome, its like a never ending loop.

My only problem that I have with them is that their shipping is just bloody expensive. Why don't they keep stock in Gauteng then I don't have to pay for shipping?? BUT....I wanted to buy some tires that they have on special and I phoned them. The guy (Mr x...don't know his name) said they have stock with them here in Pta. I said "awesome" and if it is ok if I pick it up myself then I don't need to pay for shipping...the guy said "NO, I still need to pay for shipping"....WHY!!???! :angry: :angry:

Service was great, but agree 100% with you about postage/shipping costs. They are not at all willing to look at alternatives to make it cost effective to the consumer, which is a rather strange business model to have when you are an online retailer competing with free shipping from CRC and cost effective options by CWC.

After buying a Rudy helmet from CWC that had no crash replacement warrantee as it was not sourced via ASG SA :angry:, I was keen to give Buycycle a try as they confirmed crw on Rudy Helmets and stated per their website

BuyCycle© guarantees no ‘grey imports’, which means that all products on the BuyCycle© website is covered by the normal warranty that would apply if you bought the same goods in a normal retail shop in South Africa.

I compiled a substantial online order based on specials they advertised, hit the shipping costs button and was horrified to note that shipping via their couriers made all items ordered more expensive than at my LBS !

Was in no hurry to receive the goods so emailed them to suggest SAPO domestic parcel route, but after a number of emails received a firm NO, WE ONLY DEAL WITH OUR COURIERS reply.

In the end canned the whole idea of a big order and simply bought the Rudy Helmet marked down from R 2 000 to R 799, paid R 75 shipping and received it 2 days later.

Have since compared their normal prices with a few LBS's and have found very little, if anything, much cheaper so will in future only consider shopping at Buycycle when goods are heavily marked down or clearance specials

• 1 month later...

They have had stock issues in the past, so before I ordered some shoes, I emailed them to confirm that they were available. I also asked how long delivery would take.

That was last Tuesday. I got a reply today ( a week later) saying that they did indeed have stock. But no word word on delivery.

I have since bought shoes elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Just a bigup to Buycycle.co.za. Emailed them querying about them building up a rear road wheel for my IDT. Kevin came back to me within 2 days with a quote, very efficient. Thanks Buycyclethumbup1.gif

Oh, and they are having a special on Conti Mountain King Supersonic 2.4's for R499 - ordered a set and got it 2 days later!!