Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most amazing feeling is that you no longer have to worry about something and are free of it forever. No worry about where you eat where you visit or what you smell like when you have a ciggie. Find the millions of reasons there are not to smoke. I save money every day every week every month every year.

I have never felt so sure , a month and 2 weeks now and my mind is so set. Before I felt like I was missing out by not smoking, different this time. Almost feel bad for smokers. Hope all are going strong

Keep going guys. Dont hold a smoke for a friend dont look at someone having a puff longingly. Dont wonder if you can resist temptation. Stay away from it KLAAR!! Dont go to Pubs, dont visit a friend that smokes, dont have a dop for at least three months if not longer. For three months dont drink coffee, tea or fizzy drinks. Avoid anything that is a trigger like the plague for as long as possible (I chose 12 months). Eat small portions stay away from junk food (was a big trigger for me). Whatever you do dont self sabotage your own decision to quit. IT IS THE BEST THING YOU WILL EVER DO IN YOUR LIFE!! DECIDE...QUIT...STAY AWAY...NEVER EVER GO BACK...YOU NEVER DESERVE ANOTHER SMOKE ..YOU DESERVE GOOD HEALTH YOU CAKE...NOT FOR A DRAG A PUFF A SNIFF ONE FAG NOTHING ZERO NIKS NEVER!!!! After 6 months you will feel good. After a year you will feel amazing...your life will change infinitely for the better. ..DO IT NOW QUIT!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ryanie

Pieter I believe this time you will make it all the way to Quittersville and you will find it strangely easy!

Yea man. I'm gatvol of this on again off again story. My wife smokes and that does not bother me, also had some beers last night and no problem. My mind is set. Thanks dude!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How's it going quitters?

was at a function last week and remembered why I quit smoking.

Lots of smokers around me (don't mind really) but everything smelled like old ass the next morning.

Stopped 7 months and still going strong. Don't sound like a old steam train in the bunch anymore.

Don`t really get the issue with stopping.  I smoked for 9 years(pack a day), decided I was done and haven't touched one in 12 years.  Yea, 1st couple of weeks I wanted one.  But wasn't a issue.

My dad smoked for 25+ years.  Stopped one day, he said he was done and haven't touched one in 20 years.  He smoked a packed a day plus pipe.

If you really want to quite you will, if you don`t you wont....

Three years today.

R 22.50 odd per packet x one packet per day x 3 years = R 24 637.50 saving

I bought a packet of Camel yesterday at the bottle store (for my idle friend in the car), R42!!!!

• 1 month later...

On the 12th will be a solid year for me without a single drag. Easy game once you realize you aren't missing anything. A cigarette does nothing for you.not a thing