Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Hang in there it gets easier as time goes along.

Just DONT put one in your mouth

Tomorrow wil be two weeks. This time it has been REALLY hard for me. Ususally I would go for a run or ride to relax after work, here in Kuwait that is a bit hard to do so I hit the gym, it just does not have the same endorphin release or whatever. I have never been so moody in my life. Luckely my wife remains suportive and that helps A LOT!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it man..

I stopped 10 odd years ago. Was the easiest thing to do. Guess I was just ready

I got retrenched at the end of August and am also going through a divorce after 11 years of marriage. Over the last few months one thing has led to another and I find myself chuffing away again. I have had to go back to the industry I was in from a few years back and its a stressful one at that, so with everything going on right now it just 'happened'

I can still pack a good ride in with decent results, and I am better off this year than I was last year this time in terms of time in the saddle and average speeds etc..

But I need to give it up again

So dissapointed

Just came across this gem "Cigarette smoking: an underused tool in high-performance endurance training" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001541/)

Cannot for the life of me figure out if this oke is high, if the article is a parody or wtf is up with this, especially the part suggesting that...

"With this in mind, smoking should be commenced at as young an age as is reasonably possible. Children who have not yet developed a pincer grasp might require modified cigarette holders, safety lighters or both."

I mean seriously WTF!!!

Damn it man..

I stopped 10 odd years ago. Was the easiest thing to do. Guess I was just ready

I got retrenched at the end of August and am also going through a divorce after 11 years of marriage. Over the last few months one thing has led to another and I find myself chuffing away again. I have had to go back to the industry I was in from a few years back and its a stressful one at that, so with everything going on right now it just 'happened'

I can still pack a good ride in with decent results, and I am better off this year than I was last year this time in terms of time in the saddle and average speeds etc..

But I need to give it up again

So dissapointed

Hey man. I know that it can be tough. I had a rough day and almost took one of my wifes smokes. Then I thought, is this ciggarette ACTUALLY going to do ANYTHING to improve my situation? Glad I did not light it because then I would have just been demoer in with myself and disapointed my wife. Good luck man. I know its not easy.

Edit. I must be honest tho. I cant think of anything except smoking when my mind has time to wonder. I have really never had it this bad.

Edited by Pieter1

Tomorrow wil be two weeks. This time it has been REALLY hard for me. Ususally I would go for a run or ride to relax after work, here in Kuwait that is a bit hard to do so I hit the gym, it just does not have the same endorphin release or whatever. I have never been so moody in my life. Luckely my wife remains suportive and that helps A LOT!

Go and run around in Peak traffic that should get the endorphins going      ;-)

Hey man. I know that it can be tough. I had a rough day and almost took one of my wifes smokes. Then I thought, is this ciggarette ACTUALLY going to do ANYTHING to improve my situation? Glad I did not light it because then I would have just been demoer in with myself and disapointed my wife. Good luck man. I know its not easy.

Edit. I must be honest tho. I cant think of anything except smoking when my mind has time to wonder. I have really never had it this bad.

take it a hour at a time.

Then a week

Month year......

Just HANG in there

Just came across this gem "Cigarette smoking: an underused tool in high-performance endurance training" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001541/)

Cannot for the life of me figure out if this oke is high, if the article is a parody or wtf is up with this, especially the part suggesting that...

"With this in mind, smoking should be commenced at as young an age as is reasonably possible. Children who have not yet developed a pincer grasp might require modified cigarette holders, safety lighters or both."

I mean seriously WTF!!!

The abstract says it all.

But it is amazing how "facts" can be contorted to reach any conclusion you want to produce for you own interests.

• 3 weeks later...

The day you can't remember when you had your last fag, is one of the best days ever...

Me and my wife spoke about it, and there are two groups of people that want to stop.  Those who say they want to stop, and those who do stop and will never start smoking again.

And I was in both of those groups, but the latter group is the best group to be in.

• 2 months later...

From smoking almost two packs of 20 a day, I'm down to around half a pack of 20 a day. Just need to get a few new coils for my Twisp, then hopefully I should be A for away.

Edit: I was thinking of going the Champix route, but I'm not 100% sure about the side effects.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

From smoking almost two packs of 20 a day, I'm down to around half a pack of 20 a day. Just need to get a few new coils for my Twisp, then hopefully I should be A for away.

Edit: I was thinking of going the Champix route, but I'm not 100% sure about the side effects.

I won't lie

the champix side effects are horrible. 

mine lasted for most of the treatment, but got less when I finally quit 

good luck

I went the champix route

From 25 a day I stopped with in 6 days. And I only used them for a month.

Dr said three months

No side affects.

four years on no problem.

A lot of the quitting is in your head.

Do you want to quit or not really

Give Champix a go you have got nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

As for a twist that is like Alcohol free beer.... whats the point