Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made it through day 1 of the second round of quoting. No drags this time.

How was your Monday?

Clear your mind and keep your hands busy. go wash & polish your steed

I smoked for 15 years and haven't had a smoke or drag in 4 years. Best part about stopping was when taste and smell senses became much much better. Stuff started to smell and taste nicer. And I think I started to smell better to other non smokers...

How was your Monday?

Clear your mind and keep your hands busy. go wash & polish your steed

Went pretty smooth actually, not too bad thanks. Had the odd craving but a few minutes and it's gone.

Went pretty smooth actually, not too bad thanks. Had the odd craving but a few minutes and it's gone.

you'll be okay. In a couple of weeks you will pity the people puffing on their siggies at the mall entrance

9 day's now 100% smoke free, too anyone else trying stay strong!! Your mind is your enemy in this battle don't let it convince you that that 1 drag is ok. I keep a wishlist of all the MTB gear, upgrades etc that i wan't and use it as motivation!!!

5 days and feeling good. Mind is strong and happy to not be smoking. The worst is over now just to stay here.

Dont take this the wrong way but this is still the relatively easy bit.

The real problem comes in a few weeks when you mind starts to mess with you and convince you that a puff or two isnt a bad thing. Keep strong, you should be over most of the initial cravings and just remember, your mind hates you!! :P

Saturday at the Lionman, I was on exactly 6 months. After 25 years, it took long to really start feeling a difference. I believe I will only really see huge differences in about another 6 months.

If you still on it, read the book from Allen Carr or PM me your email for a copy.

Saturday at the Lionman, I was on exactly 6 months. After 25 years, it took long to really start feeling a difference. I believe I will only really see huge differences in about another 6 months.

If you still on it, read the book from Allen Carr or PM me your email for a copy.

saw some people smoke after the race - clean fresh air taken in and then smoke ? No judging I smoked a long time but it must be hard to do that after a race?

I always loved my smoke after a hard ride, somehow made the lungs feel "good". But now I don't like anything about smoking, biggest thing for me is how much it grinds me that something can have such a strong hold over me, my mind and my body. Think that's what helped me decide to quit

9 1/2 years now. That 5min that you want to have a drag, don't. You'll get over it. I don't know when I last felt like a smoke. Buddy that smokes and I were talking about it over a few beers 2 weeks ago.