'Twas nearly my turn

Taps

hectic, didnt the guy have on the standard orange jump suit, and if not, why not, where is our tax going to? these okes are supposed to be wearing prison suits, damn!!! at least you are 100%

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

INSANE story dude! Wow. Imagine escaping from a fast moving vehicle, smashing your face up on the tar, only to be maced in those wounds and cuffed by a cyclist! hahaha

My guess is this fella would have likely died soon after from that fall out of the van. He'd have been severely concussed (judging from your description of him getting up and falling down etc), likely had severe internal injuries and bleeding as well.

hectic, didnt the guy have on the standard orange jump suit, and if not, why not, where is our tax going to? these okes are supposed to be wearing prison suits, damn!!! at least you are 100%

Awaiting Trial prisioners wear there own clothes, but their belts and shoe laces are removed to prevent them injuring themselves, hence the pants down around the ankles and the view that Taps recieved.

.. a avaerage day at the mill for Taps then?

Wow, that's hectic. So did those 6 or 7 convicts who'd already jumped manage to get away then? Cos that's totally shocking. No wonder we have the crime rate we do.

Riding home on the road through Hilton last Saturday on my MTB after having done the D494 hill climb I heard a big vehicle coming up behind me. A bus passed me so closely that if a fly had been sitting on my elbow he would've been paste. But that wasn't the fun part...... this bus then starts overtaking a bakkie just ahead on a blind corner. But that wasn't the fun part........ a lady driving the opposite direction came face to face with the bus and had to swerve onto the verge and fortunately was OK and nowhere near me. Then came the fun part...... a body (I didn't know if it was a corpse or alive person at that stage) fell out of the bus window and hit the tar face first. I estimate the bus was going 75k's. I stopped to warn any vehicles and to check for signs of life. This almost corpse then staggered upright, trousers around its ankles, took a few steps and ploughed headfirst into the grassy bank, showing me a view I didn't really want to see. His face was ripped and I thought he was drunk as he kept standing up and then falling. Eventually he stayed mostly upright and then buggered off, with several bystanders trying to get him calmed down to wait for medical help. I left my details with the lady from the bakkie and headed out to some singletrack. She phoned me later to say the bus was full of convicts and they were trying to overpower the driver who was driving like hell to get to the police station. 6 or 7 jumpers had already left the bus. He apologised to all for his driving but said he had no choice. If I'd known the corpse was a criminal I would've tried out my pepper spray on his face and used the zip ties in my Camelbak. Pity I only found out afterwards.

It was nearly my turn to be paste, really, really close.

how did that happen?

Awaiting Trial prisioners wear there own clothes, but their belts and shoe laces are removed to prevent them injuring themselves, hence the pants down around the ankles and the view that Taps recieved.

.. a avaerage day at the mill for Taps then?

Ja, the bugger lost one shoe too, so that explains it. Where was that GoPro when I needed it!

You have obviously never tried wiggling out of the window of a rapidly moving bus then? :D

laugh.gif nee nog nie

Riding home on the road through Hilton last Saturday on my MTB after having done the D494 hill climb I heard a big vehicle coming up behind me. A bus passed me so closely that if a fly had been sitting on my elbow he would've been paste. But that wasn't the fun part...... this bus then starts overtaking a bakkie just ahead on a blind corner. But that wasn't the fun part........ a lady driving the opposite direction came face to face with the bus and had to swerve onto the verge and fortunately was OK and nowhere near me. Then came the fun part...... a body (I didn't know if it was a corpse or alive person at that stage) fell out of the bus window and hit the tar face first. I estimate the bus was going 75k's. I stopped to warn any vehicles and to check for signs of life. This almost corpse then staggered upright, trousers around its ankles, took a few steps and ploughed headfirst into the grassy bank, showing me a view I didn't really want to see. His face was ripped and I thought he was drunk as he kept standing up and then falling. Eventually he stayed mostly upright and then buggered off, with several bystanders trying to get him calmed down to wait for medical help. I left my details with the lady from the bakkie and headed out to some singletrack. She phoned me later to say the bus was full of convicts and they were trying to overpower the driver who was driving like hell to get to the police station. 6 or 7 jumpers had already left the bus. He apologised to all for his driving but said he had no choice. If I'd known the corpse was a criminal I would've tried out my pepper spray on his face and used the zip ties in my Camelbak. Pity I only found out afterwards.

It was nearly my turn to be paste, really, really close.

FAAAAAARK DUDE! Unbe-faakin-lievable. I read this 2 times! :o

My grand parents lived in Hilton (when they were alive) They used to say that Hilton was for the "newly weds" and "nearly deads".....seems they were right?

Firstly, very glad that you are ok. Secondly, at the risk of sounding insensitive, that was hilarious! You do write brilliantly and descriptively. There will be little to beat that story. I had projectile tears coming out of my eyes. I had to read it twice only because I think I missed half of it I laughed so hard.

I sincerely hope that they caught them all again though!

Apparently one of the jumpers was found dead close to the above incident, I assume it was this jumper although it has not been confirmed. His injuries were far more severe than my economical description thereof.

It's a really sad episode if one thinks about it.

Opportunities to try out one's pepper spray in a non-confrontational situation are indeed rare.