32gi replacement

Monty

Hi Hubbers

So this past week i finished off the last of my 32gi and being a student didn't exactly want to run out and buy some more. I've been reading into the product and i have found a source of the main ingredient of it, thus i was wondering would any other hubbers be interested in buying some of this? it would effectively be the exact same as the Natural flavor without a small amount of vitamin c used as a preservative (which i could add).

so, anyone interested? the price would probably be around R80/kg with discount for bulk. I have also sampled it and in regards to flavor it's semi-sweet yet not overpowering.

monty

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers

So this past week i finished off the last of my 32gi and being a student didn't exactly want to run out and buy some more. I've been reading into the product and i have found a source of the main ingredient of it, thus i was wondering would any other hubbers be interested in buying some of this? it would effectively be the exact same as the Natural flavor without a small amount of vitamin c used as a preservative (which i could add).

so, anyone interested? the price would probably be around R80/kg with discount for bulk. I have also sampled it and in regards to flavor it's semi-sweet yet not overpowering.

monty

Monty just something I need to mention, there are some key ingredients that need to be mixed with isomaltulose to make sure it is absorbed and empties properly, using it on its own with Vit C, can lead to severe stomach cramps in sport, its not so simple ;-).Not trying to deter you, but as a nutritionist i need to make the athletes aware that under stress it performs differently

As for 32Gi, if you look we launched a new product called Accelerate, 4 carbs, multi stage releasing.

Picked up another tub of 32GI from Dischem Cresta this morning, only 4 tubs and all were Peach :thumbdown:

Picked up another tub of 32GI from Dischem Cresta this morning, only 4 tubs and all were Peach :thumbdown:

try SportsmansWarehouse they also stock and they make sure to keep all flavours up to date :-)

Hi MDW,

Have you guys changed your flavouring on the raspberry product and/or the other flavours? My latest tub has a very different flavour to all the others and I'm not that keen on the change. I really enjoy the previous flavour - this one seems to be very sweet and much more, for want of a better term, artificial??

Hi MDW,

Have you guys changed your flavouring on the raspberry product and/or the other flavours? My latest tub has a very different flavour to all the others and I'm not that keen on the change. I really enjoy the previous flavour - this one seems to be very sweet and much more, for want of a better term, artificial??

Hi Thor

A long time ago we changed our flavors to 100% natural, this was done around March time and the flavours have not changed at all since then, we import from a company overseas that provides organic natural flavoring. I have been using the raspberry lately, i must admit i enjoy it.

In Accelerate we have orange, lime and raspberry, which are similar but we have toned the flavour level to 600ml so that if someone fills a 750ml bottle its more bland, but they have the option of adding more without worrying about overloading. We are going to be adding an additional flavour to both ranges, something that is refreshing and not really sweet, will keep u posted we are doing focus group tests to see which is preferred ;-)

all the best

M

Hi Thor

A long time ago we changed our flavors to 100% natural, this was done around March time and the flavours have not changed at all since then, we import from a company overseas that provides organic natural flavoring. I have been using the raspberry lately, i must admit i enjoy it.

In Accelerate we have orange, lime and raspberry, which are similar but we have toned the flavour level to 600ml so that if someone fills a 750ml bottle its more bland, but they have the option of adding more without worrying about overloading. We are going to be adding an additional flavour to both ranges, something that is refreshing and not really sweet, will keep u posted we are doing focus group tests to see which is preferred ;-)

all the best

M

Raspberry is too nice! I'm not buying it again! I'll try lime next time!

Hi Thor

all the best

M

Cheers, thanks! Maybe I just got a dud batch or something. I've had at least 15 tubs already and this last one is markedly different. Even has little blackish/dark red spots of something in and also smells different. (and it was in the sealed plastic when I took it out 3 days ago). Still better than the other stuff, I suppose...

Used Raspberry all the time, but bought a tub of Lime last time round. LOVE IT. :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

Raspberry and Lime!! Not peach! :) And who wants to be Neutral! :)