32gi replacement

Monty

More info on Accelarate :o

Following the success of 32Gi’s low GI Endurance energy product, we are proud to launch 32Gi’s ACCELERATE.

ACCELERATE has been specifically designed for high intensity training and racing, where the muscles need a faster take up of glucose. It does not replace the current range of products, but rather compliments it. Accelerate has been formulated and tested in conjunction with professional athletes from a variety of sports (over 130 athletes have been utilized for product testing).

ACCELERATE utilizes a 4 stage energy releasing system which provides an instant energy feed to the muscles while still providing the much needed stability that 32Gi has become so well known for delivering.

ACCELERATE can be used in conjunction with the current low GI Endurance energy drink as a second bottle for when the higher intensity periods of a race require the faster feed. Providing close to 300 calories of carbohydrates with the much needed electrolytes Accelerate is highly suitable for the serious athlete.

ACCELERATE:

• Provides fast, balanced and sustained long lasting energy (up to 2 hours per serving).

• Contains complex carbohydrates.

• Is isotonic so you get the electrolytes you need to remain hydrated.

• Is an excellent source for glycogen replenishment after an event.

• Has an excellent gastric emptying rate, i.e. easy on the digestive system.

• Has no unnecessary or unsafe additives

• Can be premixed or frozen before an event

post-16340-0-76419400-1320924617.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers

So this past week i finished off the last of my 32gi and being a student didn't exactly want to run out and buy some more. I've been reading into the product and i have found a source of the main ingredient of it, thus i was wondering would any other hubbers be interested in buying some of this? it would effectively be the exact same as the Natural flavor without a small amount of vitamin c used as a preservative (which i could add).

so, anyone interested? the price would probably be around R80/kg with discount for bulk. I have also sampled it and in regards to flavor it's semi-sweet yet not overpowering.

monty

With 32GI you get what you pay for.Will not likely change to another product.Keen on trying the you're new product MDW :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello Mark,

Been using 32gi for last 18 months, find it very effective. You gave advice for me using it through DC last year which I did, how would this new version compare for that type of event or should one use it for 100km and less in races?

Hello Mark,

Been using 32gi for last 18 months, find it very effective. You gave advice for me using it through DC last year which I did, how would this new version compare for that type of event or should one use it for 100km and less in races?

Hi Abercrombie, the main difference between the two is that the Endurance product is just that, it provides a more stable consistent supply to the energy system, so when performing at DC say you would actually benefit from it as you will be pacing yourself there is no ways you are going flat out from beginning to end. With the drink though you would need to have some chews or additional calories to keep your energy levels topped up. Accelerate differs in that it kicks in immediately, but it is 4 stage releasing allowing for the taper to slow off, so what happens is yo get an immediate effect but it does not drop you it stabilises the drop off to provide a nice taper also leaving you with up to 2hours of energy. I would at the DC switch to Accelerate from the halfway mark and use it to the finish. I have been doing a lot of testing with Accelerate, and my longest ride on it has been 4.5hours, and my longest run 2.5hours, the 4.5hour ride I drank 2 x 600ml bottles but that is around 600calories of carbs. A serving of Accelerate provides close to 300calories which is an excellent feed for keeping your levels up. Its also where the products differ. There are a few options for DC I would say and these are:

OPTION 1

Carbo Load 32Gi Endurance

Pre-Load on 32Gi after your pre-race meal before the start

1st half of the race 32Gi Endurance

2nd Half Accelerate

OPTION 2

1st Bottle 32Gi

Balance of Bottles Accelerate

OPTION 3

Only Accelerate - but then I would say must take in chews to lower the GL.

Of all the options 3 needs far more playing than the other 2, I would say option 1 and 2 are very safe bets, especially 1.

We actually got Emily Fields who is the US 50km trail champ and San Francisco Marathon winner to use accelerate at New York Marathon she was ok to the idea as she does not like Gatorade and she was only using NY as a enjoyment race not a must win. She ran in 2h50 on Accelerate and she has been raving about it, to the extent the is now sponsored by us. But she raced at a fairly decent intensity and she experienced no drops which was great, so possibly for the average athlete it would provide a good 4-5hours of great feed. As I said my longest was 4.5 and I felt great on it. I have also ensured the sweetness is to 600ml, so if someone pops it into a 750ml bottle they could add more carbs or just keep it more bland. Stephen Muzinghi also raced on it at NY Marathon he jogged it in 2h29 which is not a fast race for him, but he is only 75% fit, he said he preferred this type of drink from 50km onwards into Comrades as thats when he would really need it as the intensity is upped and the gastric empyting will need to be a lot quicker, as well as the calorie feed.

hope this helps, u can contact me if u need any advice

all the best

M

As for 32Gi, if you look we launched a new product called Accelerate, 4 carbs, multi stage releasing.

Hi

I've been to all Dischem&Sp/Warehouse Stores in Cape Town. No stock of this new product??

I've been to all Dischem&Sp/Warehouse Stores in Cape Town. No stock of this new product??

Same at my Dischem in Midrand ~ nothing.

Would have liked to give it a trial ride or two before the 94.7, but I guess that's not to be.

They might not have received their stock yet as it was despatched last week it IRS to central warehousing and then on to the branches , u r welcome to contact us directly to find out which stockists in the CT area do currently have stock, email sales@32gi.com Sharon can assist :-)

I have been using the Endurance (to great effect) for a year now. Keen to try the Accelerate this Sunday for the 94.7. Target time is sub 3 hrs

Would the appropriate strategy be one bottle of Endurance followed by one of Accelerate?

How different is the product makeup? I dont want to commit the cardinal error of racing with a new product for the first time.

They might not have received their stock yet as it was despatched last week it IRS to central warehousing and then on to the branches , u r welcome to contact us directly to find out which stockists in the CT area do currently have stock, email sales@32gi.com Sharon can assist :-)

Hi Mark,

On longer rides/races (80 - 120km), when using the mix of both products would you still need to top up with food i.e banana, sandwich every 45min -1hr??

Not sure what times u r doing thor those rides on 80km's I don't need food on 120km I need food this weekend road 4.5 hours around 130km 2 bottles of 32Gi one normal one accelerate and 1 packet of chews saw me through. The Accelerate has close to 300calories per a serving it's quite a feed but its best use for high intensity, I have been doing many experiments on it such as one bottle endurance one bottle accelerate, one bottle accelerate one bottle water, the endurance is great for those long rides where stability is key , but on short 2.5 hour rides where I go hard such as road or MTB or Olympic or Sprint triathlon I find accelerate on its own is great for longer events I still prefer the endurance as I pace myself differently. I guess it's all about race profile and expected level of intensity. This last weekend I did a 2.5 hour run but loaded on Endurance and then only took water I found the stability to be excellent compared to my run last week where I only took Accelerate however last week my average pace was 4.10km for 35km this week my pace was 4.52 for 28km the intensity was very different and Accelerate would have been a waste for yesterday's run, where as last week it was definitely needed.

BODYANDBIKE is now the first shop in the Western Cape stocked with the new ACCELERATE product by 32GI

R225

021 910 2840

Wintie ne!!

Can i have mine hand delivered ;-)

Dink daaraan om dit te try in plek van my Cadence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Been using Energade for years with all my sports, from long duration cave diving (4-5hours) to full day on the quad doing 250-400km/day.

Both sports no more, switched over to Mtb with the wife as something we can do together, well we just started.

Looking at switching over to 32GI Endurance.

Just wanting to figure out the per liter cost for comparison,

The tub, how much does it make, in Liters?

thanks

G