Cricket......

E1A104

Fanie record was incredible ... but his career was quite short. Brett Schultz if had stayed fit would walk into an SA side! Although Im biased

Was going to put him in, was thinking most would think im crazy.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think our best SA side would not include a spinner, lets face it they have all been useless, I would go with 4 seamers, Donald, stein, Fanie and Pringle.

Symcox was a more than usefull Spinner.

my SA XI, not looking at any stats or figures.

Biff

AB

JK

#

JPD

Hansie (Cpt)

Bic mac

Guinness (wk)

Pollock

Steynja

AD

12 man: jonty

Loaded with all rounders, because to be honest, that's where we've always excelled.

Hansie goes in because I think as much as he f@#$ up, he took the fall for a LOT of other guys both in and out of SA.

No place for makhaya in this bowling lineup, I'd have a fully fit brett schultz next and a doctor's report saying that he'll probably last about 40 overs.

No spinners, because (no disrespect to hendersen, harris, gogga, symcox, eskteen, boje et al) our spinners are relatively crap. With this pace lineup who needs spinners? JPd gets his place just for those odd occasions. Biff is not ever allowed to bowl (hansie is captain for this reason).

AB opens, he used to do it and keeps gibbs and kirsey jr out the team just because he would dominate it.

probably a bowler short, but big mac, jk and hansie can pull some overs alongside the times when JP needs to bowl till the 2nd newball arrives.

yeah but Pointing wasnt a good captain at all, the thing about steve waugh was he got stuck in and made runs when it mattered, I also considered BMT and Waugh personifies that.I always got the feeling he wasn't going to give his wicket away against us.I loved to hate him... SR Waugh (Aus) 1985-2004 168 260 10927 200 51.06 32 50 22
He was the ultimate D005 wasn't he?!Here is his record against the proteas: 1994-2002 16 1147 164 49.86 2 17 5/28 15.88 1 9 0 33.98

didn't bowl himself enough!

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/8192.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=3;orderby=default;template=results;type=allround

Edited by Shebeen

Was going to put him in, was thinking most would think im crazy.

BS 9 14 1733 749 37 5/48 9/106 20.24 2.59 46.8 4 2 0

Fanie 18 34 4805 2063 85 6/23 10/108 24.27 2.57 56.5 6 5 2

My post isolation best team:

Smith

Kirsten

Kallis

Amla

AB

De Kock (crystal ball says he is going to be our best keeper batsmen ever, not counting AB)

Faf (the wall)

Pollock (all rounder)

Dale Steyn

AD

Bret Schultz

We have not yet produced a world class spinner, and the West indies ruled cricket with pace bowlers. Imo Faf has done enough to feature - but perhaps his position should be swaped with Kallis, to allow Kallis to bowl more.

Edited by Christie

There have been 2132 tests played.

Most have gone to four innings (not necessarily completed) but let us assume that as many as 25% only had three.

That gives us just short of 8000 innings and thus 8000 first wicket partnerships.

There is one opening batsman who appears 3 times in the top 10 highest first wicket partnerships, including the number 1 spot. He also appears once more at number 12.

So one batsman appears in four of the highest 12 of ALL 8000 first wicket partnerships ever played.

Four times before Haynes, Greenidge, Slater, Langer, Hayden make it once.

If he was an Aussie, Pom or Indian they would correctly point out that once in the top 12 could be luck. Twice probably sign of an exceptional player. Hell, three time proof that he is a all time legend. But four times, conclusive, no arguments about it proof that this is the greatest opening batsman of all time. And we would all agree and hail his genius.

Unfortunately for him he was a South African.

Edited by eddy

My post isolation best team:

Smith

Kirsten

Kallis

Amla

AB

De Kock (crystal ball says he is going to be our best keeper batsmen ever, not counting AB)

Faf (the wall)

Pollock (all rounder)

Dale Steyn

AD

Bret Schultz

We have not yet produced a world class spinner, and the West indies ruled cricket with pace bowlers. Imo Faf has done enough to feature - but perhaps his position should be swaped with Kallis, to allow Kallis to bowl more.

With Schultz in your side the other 4 pacers will have to do a lot of bowling. Cant remember watching him ever get through a game without a niggle (all 9 tests he managed to pass the fitness test for in the first place)

As I suspected Tahir will play in the zim test & Dolphins signed him up as well & one other spinner, domestic season is going to be interesting.

My world 11, can old be players i have watched play.

D Haynes

M Hayden

R Pointing

S Tendulkar

B Lara

S Waugh CPT

A Gilchrist

S Warne

W Akram

G Mcgrath

C Ambrose

12 man

M Muralitharan

the other that almost got in

I Khan

A Donald

J Kallis

K Sangakkara

A Flower

W Younis

Tear it apart guys..

You can't not have Kallis in your team, you just can't!

There have been 2132 tests played.

Most have gone to four innings (not necessarily completed) but let us assume that as many as 25% only had three.

That gives us just short of 8000 innings and thus 8000 first wicket partnerships.

There is one opening batsman who appears 3 times in the top 10 highest first wicket partnerships, including the number 1 spot. He also appears once more at number 12.

So one batsman appears in four of the highest 12 of ALL 8000 first wicket partnerships ever played.

Four times before Haynes, Greenidge, Slater, Langer, Hayden make it once.

If he was an Aussie, Pom or Indian they would correctly point out that once in the top 12 could be luck. Twice probably sign of an exceptional player. Hell, three time proof that he is a all time legend. But four times, conclusive, no arguments about it proof that this is the greatest opening batsman of all time. And we would all agree and hail his genius.

Unfortunately for him he was a South African.

Who are you talking about?