Cricket......

E1A104

Contrast of emotions.

If they had won - something to smile about for a few days

They lost - oh well, life goes on. It's not the first time this has happened.

One day, it would be nice to smile for a few days.

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think it's that simple..abbot probably would have got torn by mccullum too.

sheesus, what a game. EVENTUALLY we will win one of these.

ja i know...thats just what i said this morning.  Def dont think they choked, was a very good game and should have been the final 2 teams IMO.  Will back NZ to go all the way now.  in the history of CWC no teams has gone undefeated though (I think :wacko:)

ja i know...thats just what i said this morning.  Def dont think they choked, was a very good game and should have been the final 2 teams IMO.  Will back NZ to go all the way now.  in the history of CWC no teams has gone undefeated though (I think :wacko:)

well..if india beat Aus...then it will happen this year one way or the other

edit aus have a 29 match undefeated run - so they must have done it

Edited by Stretch

catches win matches . . . 

in my opinion , the best game of the tournament , pitty we were not the victors :-(

Your display name is probably what the nation needs right now. But we hold our heads high. My heart is with New Zealand for the final now. 

We just don't get the luck of the draw on these games.  Once again rain stuffed our game up. Not only did it lessen the amount of overs where we normally make the most runs, it also made it impossible for our fast bowlers to take wickets with the wet ball.

But really, the moment of the match for me was that dropped catch where Duminy stuffed Behardien's catch up.

Your display name is probably what the nation needs right now. But we hold our heads high. My heart is with New Zealand for the final now. 

Personally I would shout for the Satan Invitation XI if they played against Australia.

We just don't get the luck of the draw on these games.  Once again rain stuffed our game up. Not only did it lessen the amount of overs where we normally make the most runs, it also made it impossible for our fast bowlers to take wickets with the wet ball.

But really, the moment of the match for me was that dropped catch where Duminy stuffed Behardien's catch up.

Me thinks.... AB knew about the rain around beforehand, so maybe...

But maybe this, maybe that, maybe if, maybe but is not goin to change anything.

I'm just never watching cricket again....

If we where playing some small tournament against some small team, Would they have caught the catches(2 dropped) and made the run outs(2 missed) that they missed today? In my mind they would have made those all day long on any other day. BUT they couldn't handle the pressure so made the errors. So IMHO they choked......again.

Grant Elliot who basicly won the game for the Kiwis was born right here in Joburg. Our selectors are our biggest problem in this country. 

Dont think they played too badly, the run out and dropped catches ended up being crucial mistakes that in the end meant our demise.

The opening 3 overs that we bowled was less than stellar.

Choke? Dunnow.

Grant Elliot who basicly won the game for the Kiwis was born right here in Joburg. Our selectors are our biggest problem in this country. 

dont ever underestimate that 59 that Mcallum made in the first 5 odd overs...that took all the pressure off for elliot to be able to build himself an innings. There is not much difference between elliots innings and AB's or Faf's...We made some silly mistakes that all added up in the end.