Cricket......

E1A104

So another 5 day that could potentially be over within 3 days.

Looks like it's going to be closer to 2.5 days. I wonder if it's the proliferation of T20 that these cricketers just don't know how to have the patience for test cricket anymore.... Either way the "final" day is going to be exciting.. but still not happy Its over in three

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duane doing the most with an opportunity handed to him due to Philander getting injured. Gonna be tough to leave him out of the 11 for the next test with those bowling figures.

So who misses out when Philander is fit? One could argue Dale Steyn, but I love the guy, even if he is not on top form currently. Play 4 seamers maybe?

I like a spinner to give the seamers a rest. Hope we don’t play Vern and drop a batsmen as we view him as an all rounder

Happy with the 6 wicket win, happier with the first sign of resurgence from Amla.

Spoilt for choice regarding the bowling unit. Personally I would prefer it if they kept it the same for the New Years test at Newlands but it sounds as though Vern will play. Maybe they might drop TdB for Vern. However not the route I'd go, I would in fact keep the team unchanged.

Yeah, nice win. Can’t not pick Vern if he’s properly fit. He’s proper world class and going to perform more often than not. Vern for Duanne is the right call for Newlands . Tough call after this game but the right one. Can’t leave out a batter with our guys scratching a bit for runs.

Yeah, nice win. Can’t not pick Vern if he’s properly fit. He’s proper world class and going to perform more often than not. Vern for Duanne is the right call for Newlands . Tough call after this game but the right one. Can’t leave out a batter with our guys scratching a bit for runs.

Yeah, The Vern brings that proven all-round ability.

Much needed to balance the squad.

And it’s his home turf.

Faf needs to get some runs under the belt.

The Steyn Remover will be regaining his confidence after a steady return to the Test arena.

Interview with Otis hinted at aiming for 4 seamers and 6 batsmen, with QdK at 6 with the view that you don’t need to score 350 if you can bowl others out for less.. or something to that effect

"They need to triple my salary, and Aiden's as well, because it's hard work in South Africa." he joked "It's definitely the toughest place in the world to bat, I can vouch for that now. But that's what makes the job so satisfying once you get through the tough times. You look back at those tough times and you really enjoy them. The beer tastes a lot better, I can tell you that. It's very rewarding when you get through those tough times."

Dean Elgar

And India are 491/6 At tea on day 2.

The much vaunted Aus bowling attack is looking quite toothless in the absence of David Warner.....

"I haven't been back to South Africa in a cricketing capacity since 2010 and the standard of the wickets - the wicket we had at Centurion and the wicket here - I think haven't been good enough for Test cricket."

Mickey Arthur

"I haven't been back to South Africa in a cricketing capacity since 2010 and the standard of the wickets - the wicket we had at Centurion and the wicket here - I think haven't been good enough for Test cricket."

Mickey Arthur

Taking a couple of bouncers and making a blanket statement about South African pitches. Media sure is riding this statement.

Batting scorecard since 1st innings doesn't agree with him.

That fly slip position

That 8th wicket

Hamza taking his first Test catch as sub

Steyn Remover showing veins again

Fantastic Test cricket ????

Dale Steyn has drawn level with New Zealand’s Richard Hadlee as Test cricket’s joint 10th highest wicket-taker. [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] #proteafire

Proving in this match why he is so highly rated by so many in the game! Pure Class!!!

well done to India on the trampling of Aus in their on backyard. Don't get Tim Paine's comments though: it's like he doesn't want to be the captain, and IMO, he pissed all over the aussies' vaunted depth in selection when saying their team wasn't full strength (missing to the two cheaters Warne and Steve Smith). That type of comment is a double backhand to the indian team and any upcoming aussie players.