Cricket......

E1A104

Wiaan Mulder was injured but is back playing in the Supersport Series or whatever it's called now. Made a decent hundred (146) and took 2 wickets in the Lions win against the Knights. Might get another chance against Sri Lanka later in the season.

Yup, best way to make selectors look at you!

We actually have the momentum 1Day cup kicking off early Feb, and with just 2 more ODIs against Sri Lanka in march this is the place where players will need to perform.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, best way to make selectors look at you!

We actually have the momentum 1Day cup kicking off early Feb, and with just 2 more ODIs against Sri Lanka in march this is the place where players will need to perform.

Yes indeed. Fortunately for Wiaan he seems to have gotten form at the right time and I hope that he will be able to carry it into the MODC. It's exciting to see someone of his talent level pushing for a place across all formats and hopefully it'll also bring the best out of Andile as well. I am quietly excited about these two young all rounders and what they could possibly achieve. Both are fantastic talents.

TopDeck is back in the squad.

seems like the bowling slots are far from decided

Beuran-Hendricks.jpg

He starts, and has just taken his first ODI wicket.

It looks like the World Cup squad is just 15 players, so here is what I think they'll go for.

I think today's lineup is their chosen starting team, with JPD coming in for Reeza when he's fit.

Ngidi comes in for Beuran as the 4th seamer

Shamzi plays as a second spinner if it's a turning pitch (CWC pitches are done independantly by ICC this time around, so there will be some indian input there)

Q de Kock+(HKlaasen)
HE van der Dussen
HM Amla
F du Plessis
DA Miller
JP Duminy
AL Phehlukwayo+(WMulder/DPretorious)
K Rabada
DW Steyn
Imran Tahir+(TShamzi)
L Ngidi+(BHendricks/DOlivier/DPattersen)

I'm going to drop this now, and come back in 2 months time once we've played all of our ODIs and the M1DC is in full swing.

the Currie Cup is on!

yes, what has recently been known as the Sunfoil series and is now a nameless tournament is finishing, TODAY!

this is not nearly quite as big as the Mean Machine at newlands over new years like in the 80's

Clive-Rice-of-Nottinghamshire-in-actio.j

WP have been way ahead all year, but dropped a game against the warriors so are now just 3 points ahead of the lions

WP are in maritzburg, After a huge 520/7 dec (double century Hamza!) the dolphins have now erased the 200 run 1st innings lead and are sitting at 200/2. WP will need to bowl them out and get the runs. A collapse is required, and it took 43 overs for the first wicket. Time for Vern and/or Piedt to step up.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/scorecard/1157657/dolphins-vs-cape-cobras-28th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

Lions are in Potch against the Warriors, and looking good. They set a target of 330 and the warriors are far off at 70/3

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/game/1157658/lions-vs-warriors-29th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

I don't know how the bonus points work, but i think the Cobras are still ahead if they both win/draw. both at lunch and about 60 overs left in each game

the Currie Cup is on!

yes, what has recently been known as the Sunfoil series and is now a nameless tournament is finishing, TODAY!

this is not nearly quite as big as the Mean Machine at newlands over new years like in the 80's

Clive-Rice-of-Nottinghamshire-in-actio.j

WP have been way ahead all year, but dropped a game against the warriors so are now just 3 points ahead of the lions

WP are in maritzburg, After a huge 520/7 dec (double century Hamza!) the dolphins have now erased the 200 run 1st innings lead and are sitting at 200/2. WP will need to bowl them out and get the runs. A collapse is required, and it took 43 overs for the first wicket. Time for Vern and/or Piedt to step up.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/scorecard/1157657/dolphins-vs-cape-cobras-28th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

Lions are in Potch against the Warriors, and looking good. They set a target of 330 and the warriors are far off at 70/3

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/game/1157658/lions-vs-warriors-29th-match-4-day-franchise-series-2018-19

I don't know how the bonus points work, but i think the Cobras are still ahead if they both win/draw. both at lunch and about 60 overs left in each game

https://www.sacricketmag.com/shootout-on-day-4-awaits-title-contenders/

Essentially the Cobras need to match what the Lions do today. Or at least that is my take away from the article.

WTF is that.Is it real or photoshopped

please don't tell me that is real. i wouldn't pick someone no matter how good if he looked as knobbish as that.

Match State: Delay - Day 4 - Lost Ball

Piedt to Ackerman, FOUR runs, good ball in, better cover drive sends it to the rope

Lost ball, from a Four? who did that happen?

this is martizbrug after all, they have funny things like trees on the field

http://sportsf1.com/Images/Ground/city_oval_pietermaritzburg.jpg

please don't tell me that is real. i wouldn't pick someone no matter how good if he looked as knobbish as that.

it was real! but it's gone now

cobras/dolphins - match drawn

lions/warriors 138/3 chasing 330, warriors got 40 more overs to block out.

cobras/dolphins - match drawn

lions/warriors 138/3 chasing 330, warriors got 40 more overs to block out.

Warriors 179/6 Lions need 4 more wickets. Going to be close!

Lions need 2 wickets in less than 10 overs.

Either way this game goes I can say my team won (born in Joburg, raised in Cape Town).

poor cobras... must be kicking themselves.

ja, tough to force a win on what seemed like a flat pitch.

1200+ runs for 19 wickets!

I think you get the same points for a draw or a loss, but at the end of the day the lions won 7 games, the cobras only 6. All credit to Lions who won it with 9 balls left, and great to see how much it still means to the players (skip to 2mins)

I wonder if this is the only TV coverage, a bit scary when you see a way bigger budget for schools rugby broadcast. Imagine being ottis gibson and trying to do research on your fringe test players using this!