Cricket......

E1A104

well done to India on the trampling of Aus in their on backyard. Don't get Tim Paine's comments though: it's like he doesn't want to be the captain, and IMO, he pissed all over the aussies' vaunted depth in selection when saying their team wasn't full strength (missing to the two cheaters Warne and Steve Smith). That type of comment is a double backhand to the indian team and any upcoming aussie players.

A case of the Aussies being bad losers but also, I think, a sign of where they are ito their mental space. Can't compete without at least one or two genuine World Class players being present in their team even if one them happens to be right douchebag! That'll be Warner for clarification sake.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale Steyn has drawn level with New Zealand’s Richard Hadlee as Test cricket’s joint 10th highest wicket-taker. [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] #proteafire

I was looking at those stats on Friday. He needs a couple more wickets to jump to 7th and then he's got a long wait to join the 500 club and no 6 Courtney Walsh at 519 or thereabouts

I see Faf will miss out on the next Test. 12.5 overs an hour is pretty dismal even with 4 quicks.

Yip will be interesting to see what team we field with Markram and Amla under an injury cloud and Faf suspended, also De Bruyn is really struggling.

I see Faf will miss out on the next Test. 12.5 overs an hour is pretty dismal even with 4 quicks.

Good timing. get banned for the dead rubber and they clean your slate!

The only way they will sort this out is by deducting/adding runs or something like that.

each over less than 15 per hour one should add in 6 runs as extras.

The issue will be batsman timewasting, but that can be dealt with surely.

Yip will be interesting to see what team we field with Markram and Amla under an injury cloud and Faf suspended, also De Bruyn is really struggling.

only 14 in the squad, but now down to 4 batsmen and a keeper., TdB gets a lifeline and more to come in i guess (a Malan for markram, Stephen cook has had 3 centries this season already.......

normally bowlers who break down over a series. Watch TdB get a big score and complicate things further

This rule to me is idiotic if the game got finished with pretty much two days to spare.

Excited for Hamza to get his chance.

This rule to me is idiotic if the game got finished with pretty much two days to spare.

Excited for Hamza to get his chance.

Yes and no.....what if it was all 5 days and down to the wire. What i think needs to be reviewed is the time allocations

2mins per wicket, 1 min for drinks!...does someone feel like timing the drinks break and a wicket changeover.

Id also be interested to get a tally of the time for all the other stoppages during the day. Adjusting protective gear..mid wicket consultations by batsmen...3rd umpire decisions...moving sightscreens and people obscuring them..etc etc etc

Yes and no.....what if it was all 5 days and down to the wire. What i think needs to be reviewed is the time allocations

2mins per wicket, 1 min for drinks!...does someone feel like timing the drinks break and a wicket changeover.

Id also be interested to get a tally of the time for all the other stoppages during the day. Adjusting protective gear..mid wicket consultations by batsmen...3rd umpire decisions...moving sightscreens and people obscuring them..etc etc etc

I agree, if you're slow and the game was 5 days and came down to the wire you should be fined and banned. No warning either. But if the game finishes within the allotted time period, what difference does it make? The game would have ended at the end of Day 3, and not the start of Day 4 in that event. I dunno.

As for your last paragraph, that is taken into account when they calculate the effective over-rate.

I agree, if you're slow and the game was 5 days and came down to the wire you should be fined and banned. No warning either. But if the game finishes within the allotted time period, what difference does it make? The game would have ended at the end of Day 3, and not the start of Day 4 in that event. I dunno.

As for your last paragraph, that is taken into account when they calculate the effective over-rate.

Sure.. But the wicket changes and drinks are a set 2 min and 1 min regardless... And I'd be interested to see if they get all the stoppages

What is interesting to me about the ban is that they missed the over-rate by a single over. Now I know we don't need more fuzziness and grey areas, but surely they could have let this one slide.

Bowling 103 overs in the match when they should have bowled 104 in the same time is really not going to cause damage to the game. Have a chat with the captain and warn him or something.

Odd game this at times.

What is interesting to me about the ban is that they missed the over-rate by a single over. Now I know we don't need more fuzziness and grey areas, but surely they could have let this one slide.

Bowling 103 overs in the match when they should have bowled 104 in the same time is really not going to cause damage to the game. Have a chat with the captain and warn him or something.

Odd game this at times.

i think it was an over per hour.

you have a scorer already.

can put the clock on

*ball in play - bowler run up to dead ball.

*dead ball to bowler ready at run up - fielding team

*any delays by batting team - batting team

*other time stoppages - neutral.

would be interesting to see that once metrics were on this, you'd start seeing 16 overs an hour.

edit: what is hilarious. a 45minute half of football takes 45minutes. 3 mins of stoppage time can regularly take 5 mins as the leading team tries to waste it.

Edited by juan pelota

Currently the over rate rule is in effect and pretty clear in interpretation.

1. There could be a proviso/relaxation to the rule on certain pitches where it's clear a 5 day game is unlikely, but to date there isn't, so

2. If a captain can't manage/maintain the required rate, well, he deserves sanction.

Just imagine if this final test was a decider and the captain was suspended!

Summary of day1?

Missed it completely, saw hamza got a swift 40 on debut ????

The rest tail showed no resistance it seems. Good bowling or poor batting?

Summary of day1?

Missed it completely, saw hamza got a swift 40 on debut

The rest tail showed no resistance it seems. Good bowling or poor batting?

Good bowling.