Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

let's attempt glass quarter empty positivity

we need to win the next 6 games, or if things fall into place 5.

how that would work is if ENG +IND win all their games going forward.

then aus/nz/pak have a slip up along the way, just like we did against bangladesh.

Aus currently 79/5 against WIndies.

It's not looking likely with current vibe, but we are good enough to beat these teams.

Starts with next game on monday vs WIndies. 

Like i predicted, its probably going to come down to us vs the Woodworkers in Manchester. And then its probably 1999 all over again. ????

let's attempt glass quarter empty positivity

we need to win the next 6 games, or if things fall into place 5.

how that would work is if ENG +IND win all their games going forward.

then aus/nz/pak have a slip up along the way, just like we did against bangladesh.

Aus currently 79/5 against WIndies.

It's not looking likely with current vibe, but we are good enough to beat these teams.

Starts with next game on monday vs WIndies.

Faf can bitch and moan as much as he wants about his teams performance (or lack thereof), but Steve Smith is showing exactly what Faf himself should've been doing the last 3 games. Aus were in deep poo with 4-5 wickets down for not many runs, but Smith has dug in and is holding their innings together. They're now 223/6 after 42 overs and will most probably post a respectable and defend-able score. You just need 1 oke to stay there and not throw his wicket away!

Edited by leeubok

Faf can bitch and moan as much as he wants about his teams performance (or lack thereof), but Steve Smith is showing exactly what Faf himself should've been doing the last 3 games. Aus were in deep poo with 4-5 wickets down for not many runs, but Smith has dug in and is holding their innings together. They're now 223/6 after 42 overs and will most probably post a respectable and defend-able score. You just need 1 oke to stay there and not throw his wicket away!

And not long after I post this he falls for 73. Still, held the Aus innings together when they were close to collapsing

Wrong thread sorry

do we need two?

Windies/Aus game is nicely poised. Windies don't have a great lower order so need to get some partnerships through middle overs.

I too rate the Windies to go the distance..they really have A good decent bowling attack.

Their batsmen all have that X-factor to change the game is within a few overs.

Really enjoy watching them play...

O, what an article, some of you might not think so

Maybe you have forgotten about your answers to a possible * -turn. Let me remind you:

“There is no comeback. I’m very happy with where I’m in my life. I don’t want to confuse anybody, especially now the (Proteas) team, it will be very selfish and arrogant of me to throw statements around that I’m keen to play a World Cup.”

“Arrogant” was the expression used. At the moment your actions speak louder than a 1 000 words.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/dear-ab-why-would-you-do-something-like-that-25433873

O, what an article, some of you might not think so

Maybe you have forgotten about your answers to a possible * -turn. Let me remind you:

“There is no comeback. I’m very happy with where I’m in my life. I don’t want to confuse anybody, especially now the (Proteas) team, it will be very selfish and arrogant of me to throw statements around that I’m keen to play a World Cup.”

“Arrogant” was the expression used. At the moment your actions speak louder than a 1 000 words.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/dear-ab-why-would-you-do-something-like-that-25433873

http://www.espncricinfo.com/video/clip?id=23580496

In some ways, you can't blame de Villiers for wanting to be involved, especially given the state of the current side. But you can only wonder how he managed to misread the team dynamic so spectacularly that he thought the door was still open for him. In the end, his numbers will ensure he remains a cricketing great. But his legacy will be defined not only by his excellence but also his indecisiveness. It's worth remembering that both of those were a long time in the making.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26917011/ab-de-villiers-legacy-defined-not-only-excellence-indec

It's really awesome that the statisticians are getting into cricket reporting

https://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1187649_900x900.png

We saw the amazing catch that Cottrell took on the boundary to remove Smith.

However, a bigger impact was probably this one in the 26th over

110/5 with smith on 23. I don't Coulter-Nile would have played his innings if this was taken.

Holder to Smith, FOUR runs, dropped! Cottrell eaten by the turf trolls on the boundary! Holder bounces Smith and he can't control this hook as it sails toward long leg. Cottrell circles around running 20 yards left but takes a very poor angle and is on the verge of over-running the chance. He tries to change direction late and loses his footing with a clumsy slip and slide. The ball lands a foot in front of him grasping forward in vain. Should've gotten two hands to it at the very least. Smith survives!

11th Match, Pak vs SL, seems to be rained out as things stand.

Rain was always going to play a part in England. 

Pak and SL are both in with a chance of making the playoffs, but they need everything to go right to be able to sit in the Top 4.

A NR here might not be what either one would want out of this game.

11th Match, Pak vs SL, seems to be rained out as things stand.

Rain was always going to play a part in England. 

Pak and SL are both in with a chance of making the playoffs, but they need everything to go right to be able to sit in the Top 4.

A NR here might not be what either one would want out of this game.

in the '99 WC in england, 42 games, only 1 with No results from rain

SL making the semis

Dxzm3teUUAES59d.jpg

Edited by Shebeen

in the '99 WC in england, 42 games, only 1 with No results from rain

SL making the semis

Dxzm3teUUAES59d.jpg

Any idea how many were shortened with D/L...?

Any idea how many were shortened with D/L...?

I know we laugh about the 2 week english summer, but not a single one!

the only no result was Zim vs NZ

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65225/new-zealand-vs-zimbabwe-3rd-super-icc-world-cup-1999

it rained.

bad light stopped play

reserve day was washed out.

in the June 2017 champions trophy

15 games

2 no result

3 DLS

Edited by Shebeen