What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke my second strap on my Fenix in 18 months.

Seems like the silicone wears quite quickly.

Decided that I’m not going to pay another €48 for a Garmin strap.

Bought the nylon strap for €8 and the T6 torx off Amazon for €15[emoji106]

Strap is also long enough to wear over my wetsuit.

00f5b843849ff8134e9a5ad02d051eeb.jpg

Broke my second strap on my Fenix in 18 months.

Seems like the silicone wears quite quickly.

Decided that I’m not going to pay another €48 for a Garmin strap.

Bought the nylon strap for €8 and the T6 torx off Amazon for €15[emoji106]

Strap is also long enough to wear over my wetsuit.

Thats the business! Very nice.

(But I can't help think my sweat levels will soon kill this strap though, hmm)

Thats the business! Very nice.

(But I can't help think my sweat levels will soon kill this strap though, hmm)

I have quite a few NATO nylon straps on my other watches.If I notice the getting sweaty then I toss them in a sock and wash in the washing machine [emoji106]

Sooooo ....Im in the process acquiring a new timing keeping unit, but just cant make up my mind.

I have narrowed it down to these two watches but Im finding it really hard to choose. Both watches are unique in there own way with there own set of special functions, my choice was based on having something thats rugged but still stylish and this is where im stuck.

The casio GWG-100GB-1AER looks stunning as its has the gold trim giving it the stylish look Im going for. Its got all regular functions that come with the Gs shock, not that I actually use them but what I like is that it charges via a small solar panel so no need to replace battery's. 

post-59319-0-83345000-1560432356_thumb.j

The casio GG-1000-1A3eR also looks stunning, again all the typical functions a G shock has except this one has an added function showing the temperature which is something I love

post-59319-0-95237400-1560432814_thumb.j

Any thoughts?

post-59319-0-83345000-1560432356_thumb.jpg

post-59319-0-95237400-1560432814_thumb.jpg

Sooooo ....Im in the process acquiring a new timing keeping unit, but just cant make up my mind.

I have narrowed it down to these two watches but Im finding it really hard to choose. Both watches are unique in there own way with there own set of special functions, my choice was based on having something thats rugged but still stylish and this is where im stuck.

The casio GWG-100GB-1AER looks stunning as its has the gold trim giving it the stylish look Im going for. Its got all regular functions that come with the Gs shock, not that I actually use them but what I like is that it charges via a small solar panel so no need to replace battery's. 

post-59319-0-83345000-1560432356_thumb.j

The casio GG-1000-1A3eR also looks stunning, again all the typical functions a G shock has except this one has an added function showing the temperature which is something I love

post-59319-0-95237400-1560432814_thumb.j

Any thoughts?

Speaking of gshocks, and straps... I got a delivery note in the office today! This connecter job i ordered below all but a few days ago (thanks again SAPO for your sterling efforts) has arrived at the post office! 

Sticking with g-shock, I ordered little strap connector goodies yesterday which will allow me to interchange normal nato etc canvas straps. Give the old girl a new lease on life.

• 2 weeks later...