What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

Nice timepieces. Sadly they mostly end up in safes, never to be worn, which is a damn pity.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice timepieces. Sadly they mostly end up in safes, never to be worn, which is a damn pity.

You know as well as I do you can't wear a rolex (specifically) in joburg anymore. Its without doubt the quickest way to land up with bullets in your car door or even worse... 

Its a damn shame.

I do. That's why I try and stick to certain, non flashy, good quality brands. At least I can wear them all. Just like my carbon wheels now stay on my road bike. I enjoy them, instead of taking them out for races only, which I hardly do anyway. It is what it is.

Edited by CAAD4

• 1 month later...

Picked up a cool little piece the other day!

CWC still make watches for the British armed forces, the one I picked up is one that was deployed!

/Thats a really good looking watch. nice one.

• 2 months later...

Wearing the first vintage watch I ever bought Unseen.

As I opened it up when it arrived I realised the mistake I'd made. It was completely destroyed inside.

Took a long time to find the specific omega quartz movement they used in here but we got it done in the end.

Omega Seamaster 120 Calypso. 7fa037036b7c878780737d08e6d4a622.jpg

As I opened it up when it arrived I realised the mistake I'd made. It was completely destroyed inside.

Took a long time to find the specific omega quartz movement they used in here but we got it done in the end.

Nice looking watch though [emoji106]

Great that it worked out in the end.

Nice looking watch though [emoji106]

Great that it worked out in the end.

• 4 months later...

Aah. Very nice to see. I have an Omega of my late dad's  somewhere. He bought it in  Switzerland or Germany  in  1960 or 61. 

Aah. Very nice to see. I have an Omega of my late dad's  somewhere. He bought it in  Switzerland or Germany  in  1960 or 61. 

Thanks, was wearing this today! I enjoy it, in all its crusty glory! 

If you interested in restorations, watch this fellow apply his skills to watch repairs! The Nekkid Watchmaker...there are quite a few watch restorers on YT and lot have dispensed with all but the most necessary commentary so I find it very therapeutic, but this guy has just such a great way with guiding you through the process with wit and knowledge......he has tried to drop the commentary and got stormed by his followers to continue....his following is growing exponentially!

Enjoy...

https://www.youtube....GaHZdzowk2-7hJw

No you don't....

(Pic or it never happened...)

That post is gone, I have a few casios, a databank( old one from the 90's before cellphones), a gshock and an analogue where the face is a solar panel.

Then I also have a seiko sportura. My first and last seiko I will buy. Local agents are completely useless, incl. seiko themselves. Eventually found an online store in malaysia I think(was about 5 years ago) that was able to help and shipped me what i needed.

I want to get another casio, I like their edifice range!

You know as well as I do you can't wear a rolex (specifically) in joburg anymore. Its without doubt the quickest way to land up with bullets in your car door or even worse...

Its a damn shame.

See the Rolex robbery in Sandton yesterday. Will try find link.