What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

Seiko's new 5 Sports range have some real dogs but this one caught my eye the other day...

So I tried it on and although it is 43mm, it wears quite small and the blue just wasn't right, too dull, basically an updated variation of the older SKX's....

However....alongside it was it's "younger", shyer cousin...the SRPB89J1, blown away by the sunburst dial, not a true divers' but I got other watches for that, bracelet is pinned with stamped clasp and hollow end-links but all of these are quickly forgotten when it's on your wrist...and at 44mm it wears like a 44, big but not chunky (only 13mm thick so good proportions for a watch with this dia...)...a beauty and proper value for money!

post-35907-0-99551800-1604120095_thumb.jpeg

post-35907-0-52995200-1604120106_thumb.jpeg

post-35907-0-37497600-1604120482_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure which one gets wrist time today.

19f7a7f2b520b470eb1446341c94712e.jpg

My Aqualand lies calmly and quietly at the bottom of the reef at Millers in PE, sharing a watery grave with a Swatch (no real loss there! :w00t: ) and Seiko Divers 200 pepsi.. :unsure:...albeit in different locales (Nahoon Reef whilst windsurfing and Seal Point beach break while surfing)!!

My Aqualand lies calmly and quietly at the bottom of the reef at Millers in PE, sharing a watery grave with a Swatch (no real loss there! :w00t: ) and Seiko Divers 200 pepsi.. :unsure:...albeit in different locales (Nahoon Reef whilst windsurfing and Seal Point beach break while surfing)!!

Eish...I’ve luckily only lost 2 weight belts,knife and a torch while diving.

Hardly dive with my Aqualand but the Seiko gets some bubble time[emoji3]

94208d8d22b9d5767adf79c479b3979f.jpg

My Aqualand lies calmly and quietly at the bottom of the reef at Millers in PE, sharing a watery grave with a Swatch (no real loss there! :w00t: ) and Seiko Divers 200 pepsi.. :unsure:...albeit in different locales (Nahoon Reef whilst windsurfing and Seal Point beach break while surfing)!!

I'm curious. On the original straps and bracelets?

I'm curious. On the original straps and bracelets?

Yip, in all cases except the Swatch (buckle failure as my wrist contacted the windsurfer mast in a jibe), they failed at the spring bars! Now I check and replace spring bars regularly!

• 3 weeks later...

Yip, in all cases except the Swatch (buckle failure as my wrist contacted the windsurfer mast in a jibe), they failed at the spring bars! Now I check and replace spring bars regularly!

All this depressing shite about losing watches had to be addressed....

post-35907-0-16529600-1605810153_thumb.jpg

Edited by capediver