My first time...

Stretched@Birth

I cannot remember my first time... Riding a bike without "stabilizers" I mean, but yesterday, watching our four year old just push off and start riding, what a great experience.

I'm not sure who was prouder, him or me. It has to rate up there as one of the greatest parenting moments, to see the pride, joy, excitement and happiness on the little guys face.

Well done my boy!

well all i can remember is learning how to turn without the stabilizers. was on a crash course with my gran's car and it was either turn and possibly turn and fall or crash and have one hell of a sore backside as a result lol.

unless i was just a bit of a spaz only riding straight lines initially when the wheels came off :blink:

Nice one Mike!

Can't wait until my laaitie gets rollin. (Got a long wait, he's only 5 months!)

Nick, remember this comment, when your little one gets riding, you will wonder where the time went to. Time flies when you're having kids...

I cannot remember my first time... Riding a bike without "stabilizers" I mean, but yesterday, watching our four year old just push off and start riding, what a great experience.

I'm not sure who was prouder, him or me. It has to rate up there as one of the greatest parenting moments, to see the pride, joy, excitement and happiness on the little guys face.

Well done my boy!

Lekka man lekka,and well done to your little guy !! BravoO !

I can remember it very good as it is one of my scariest moments in my live too.

My older siblings walked me up a hill just a slight bend from our home where I spent my 1st 8 years of living.

My older brother pushed my bicycle up there and talked me through what I should do: "hold on, pedal your legs and remember to take the bend so you can go in front of the house where daddy will see you" - I think they knew all about momentum - (something which is still a saver now in some MTB docents).

One thing they didn’t teach me is how to stop with such speed – I ended up using the friction of the tar … luckily my dad was there to comfort … they got grounded though :blush:

I can remember it very good as it is one of my scariest moments in my live too.

My older siblings walked me up a hill just a slight bend from our home where I spent my 1st 8 years of living.

My older brother pushed my bicycle up there and talked me through what I should do: "hold on, pedal your legs and remember to take the bend so you can go in front of the house where daddy will see you" - I think they knew all about momentum - (something which is still a saver now in some MTB docents).

One thing they didn’t teach me is how to stop with such speed – I ended up using the friction of the tar … luckily my dad was there to comfort … they got grounded though :blush:

reminds me of my escapades on a skateboard... I was trying to impress some girls by going down a hill on the board on my belly (I was 4 or 5 at the time) and I didn't have a place to stop... until I spied the pavement. Skateboard stopped, I didn't.

Awesome! Can't wait until my first is at that stage. Still got 4 months until he makes his first appearance though. :rolleyes:

Taught my daughter (now 8) and have just taken the training wheels off my 4 year old's bike - great moments, and an even better father-child bonding activity.