Rugby...

'Dale

I agree, this format is really silly. But doesn't is change around next year as in the side of the draw that the Stormers are in currently play the NZ sides?

Yes, after 2 seasons each team would have played each once.

That would make sense - but what if (for argument sake) one Africa conference is much stronger than the other, wouldn't it also make sense to mix up the conferences to make them more or less equal - or would they only do that every 2 years.

Really wish they could do the Champions League format they have in soccer but sadly everybody is derby-bedinges, we like our international competitions to play at least half the games against local teams.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this conference crap to be honest.

Why doesn't each team play one game against every other team, top four in the semi's ..... simple, fair judge of who is best and less rugby so our players last a little longer than a couple of seasons?

I don't get this conference crap to be honest.

Why doesn't each team play one game against every other team, top four in the semi's ..... simple, fair judge of who is best and less rugby so our players last a little longer than a couple of seasons?

Stop confusing the matter by bringing common sense into it...

Stop confusing the matter by bringing common sense into it...

Spot on! Leave it to the suit CA's who never played the game at all to run with it :clap:

I take the race card as a compliment! It equates to a debate victory !!

Bloedneus for both Leeutjies and Stormers tonight

A highly questionable red card in min 58 for the Storners

Let me cry myself to sleep ????

Bloedneus for both Leeutjies and Stormers tonight

A highly questionable red card in min 58 for the Storners

Let me cry myself to sleep

I am so Pissed :angry:  :angry:  :angry:. Wish Fleck and the Selectors will buy a decent scrumhalf.... Now no-one will ever contest the highball anymore. This is going to become just like soccer. Next they are going to penalise you for tackling the guy the hard...

I am so Pissed :angry: :angry: :angry:. Wish Fleck and the Selectors will buy a decent scrumhalf.... Now no-one will ever contest the highball anymore. This is going to become just like soccer. Next they are going to penalise you for tackling the guy the hard...

Didn't that happen to Bismark already?

I am so Pissed :angry:  :angry:  :angry:. Wish Fleck and the Selectors will buy a decent scrumhalf.... Now no-one will ever contest the highball anymore. This is going to become just like soccer. Next they are going to penalise you for tackling the guy the hard...

They have a decent scrum-half playing out of position.  They are just refusing to acknowledge it.

Lions got thrashed. They fell appart completely then the Hurricanes bossed the breakdowns and scrums.

Stormers could have won, regardless of the red card. Losing that last scrum was bad.

Sharks coukd also have won, a bit unexpectedly, but they gave it a good go, running the Chiefs that close. They play the Hurricanes in Durban next, lets see how they do compared to the Lions.

SA franchise teams are better than the Aussies imo, but behind NZ. Thats not bad imo, considering how many top players play in Europe etc.

Edited by Christie

• 2 weeks later...

Bok team due to be announced Sat 19h00.

mmmmmm .......... ??????

Any surprises?  I'll limit mine to Goosen as utility back off the bench.