Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales found themselves at number 1 on the world rugby rankings yesterday, and NZ dropped from 1st for the first time in TEN years. Should Wales beat England today, they stay at number 1. Lose, and NZ gains it back again. Go Wales!!!

Wales found themselves at number 1 on the world rugby rankings yesterday, and NZ dropped from 1st for the first time in TEN years. Should Wales beat England today, they stay at number 1. Lose, and NZ gains it back again. Go Wales!!!

I can't see how New Zealand lost 1.5 rating points as a result of their loss on Saturday. Current standing as at 5th august are NZ 91.5 and Wales 89.9

I can't see how New Zealand lost 1.5 rating points as a result of their loss on Saturday. Current standing as at 5th august are NZ 91.5 and Wales 89.9

Google it if you don't believe it  ^_^

The big margin of the loss & Australia's current low ranking played a big role

First Rugby Championship win for Bokkies

Won Tri Nations in 2009 or something

Special achievement indeed by such a relatively young squad of players

Cheslin, jou lekka ding

Things are falling nicely in place before the World Cup.

I am actually very happy the Boks didn't beat the All Blacks this year, might have made them over-confident.

The Rugby Championship win by the Boks was actually quite substantial when you look at the final log scores, but the teams are far closer to the same level than the log presents.

Think we will be in for a cracker of a world cup.

Edited by Swift&Aero

Also remember, the team that wins the Championship, never wins the World Cup. :ph34r: .

Bokke played ok, Argentina was absolutely terrible.  

Also remember, the team that wins the Championship, never wins the World Cup. :ph34r: .

And the ABs? How terrible have they been in their last 3 games ????

But it's also never been a barrier to performing well at the World Cup. The worst performance came back in 2007 when the AB's got knocked out at the quarters by France. In general the Tri Nations/RC champions have made into the semifinals and in 2015 Australia were the runners up. If anything the results of this year's RC indicates that if a team has an off day any other could well beat them. I think this hopefully means we will have an entertaining and exciting World Cup that'll be hard to predict.

Also, and you are welcome to disagree with this, I think the RC win by the Boks shows that they've grown and that last year's November tour results need to be viewed in the context of the players getting familiar with the roles that they are playing within the Bok team and the instilling of a strong, positive and determined team culture.

Shame - turned out it their nr.1 reign lasted even shorter than the stint of our "weekend special" finance minister back in 2016

Shame - turned out it their nr.1 reign lasted even shorter than the stint of our "weekend special" finance minister back in 2016

Lol.. wasn't even official either because rankings get calculated every Monday

But still, what can be taken away from this is that the once unbeatable AB's are showing some chinks in their armour, and this is not a bad thing for world rugby in general.

Am I correct in saying that the Bokke and All Blacks will in theory meet again in the semi-finals assuming they are top two in their pool and then win their quarters?