Rugby...

'Dale

Any idea if tickets are still available?

I'm not sure, we bought ours already 2 weeks ago, on 10m line 10th row from the front about.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible rugby between Sharks and Stormers. Can't believe a team playing so many Bokke got beaten by a bunch of reserves from the Cape. And before that the Bulls with also a bunch of Bokke got beaten by a spirited team from Jozi.

Things look very ominous for the Bokke. Heineke is gonna have lots of nightmares tonight.

And yet again Heineke excludes the finest fetcher in world rugby from his final squad. It has to be personal. Wonder why or what?

Geepers, have we not got players in the country that has at least enough talent to play the Welsh? The number of foreign based players in the squad bothers me a lot - rather select SA based players, unless there is no alternative. My second gripe is with the older players, who must have one eye on retirement. Sure, some of them may be justified, but it looks as if Meyer is looking after his old gang. Thumbs down.

My interest in the Bokke has never been this low:

An uninspiring and nervous coach

A Blue Bok favored selection drive

The 'bigger players are better' bias

Fragrances of racism

:-/

My interest in the Bokke has never been this low:

An uninspiring and nervous coach

A Blue Bok favored selection drive

The 'bigger players are better' bias

Fragrances of racism

:-/

Nervous coach? We only lost to the AB's last year and had one of the best seasons for some time.

Blue Bulls 7 Players in the squad, only 3 forwards (I support the Stormers btw)

Its the same formula Bok teams have been chosen on for years.

Racism? Really? There are more non white players in this squad than previous ones? Can you elaborate on your sweeping statement?

Willem Alberts (Sharks), Loose forward - 30 Test caps

Bakkies Botha (Toulon, France), Lock - 78

Schalk Brits (Saracens, England), Hooker - 5

Schalk Burger (Western Province), Loose forward - 68

Marcell Coetzee (Sharks), Loose forward - 15

Damian De Allende (Western Province), Centre / Wing - 0

Lodewyk de Jager (FS Cheetahs), Lock - 0

Juan de Jongh (Western Province), Centre - 14

Bismarck du Plessis (Sharks), Hooker - 57

Jannie du Plessis (Sharks), Prop - 51

Fourie du Preez (Suntory, Japan), Scrumhalf - 67

JJ Engelbrecht (Blue Bulls), Centre / Wing - 12

Johan Goosen (FS Cheetahs), Flyhalf - 4

Bryan Habana (Toulon, France), Wing - 95

Cornal Hendricks (FS Cheetahs), Wing - 0

Francois Hougaard (Blue Bulls), Scrumhalf - 27

Zane Kirchner (Leinster, Ireland), Fullback - 28

Siya Kolisi (Western Province), Loose forward - 10

Willie le Roux (FS Cheetahs), Fullback / Wing - 12

Francois Louw (Bath, England), Loose forward - 28

Victor Matfield (Blue Bulls), Lock - 110

Teboho “Oupa” Mohoje (FS Cheetahs), Loose forward - 0

Tendai Mtawarira (Sharks), Prop - 53

Lwazi Mvovo (Sharks), Wing - 7

Coenie Oosthuizen (FS Cheetahs), Prop - 14

Ruan Pienaar (Ulster, Northern Ireland), Scrumhalf - 74

JP Pietersen (Sharks), Wing - 51

Jan Serfontein (Blue Bulls), Centre - 9

S’bura Sithole (Sharks), Wing / Centre - 0

Gurthrö Steenkamp (Toulouse, France), Prop - 49

Frans Steyn (Sharks), Utility back - 53

Morné Steyn (Stade Francais, France), Flyhalf - 54

Flip van der Merwe (Blue Bulls), Lock - 34

Marcel van der Merwe (Blue Bulls), Prop - 0

Duane Vermeulen (Western Province), No 8 - 16

Callie Visagie (Blue Bulls), Hooker - 0

My Test starting 15, together with reserves. But we will likely see a very different team on Saturday in Cape Town.

15 Willie le Roux

14 JP Pietersen

13 Jan Serfontein (although he is a world-class 12 in the making)

12 Frans Steyn (assuming he doesn't carry injuries)

11 Brian Habana

10 Morne Steyn (but he's had a poor season in France and Goosen has been on and off)

9 Fourie du Preez

1 Tendai Mtawarira

2 Bismarck du Plessis

3 Jannie du Plessis

4 Bakkies Botha

5 Victor Matfield

6 Francois Louw

7 Willem Alberts

8 Duane Vermeulen

Coenie Oosthuizen

Gurthro Steenkamp

Flip van der Merwe

Marcell Coetzee

Oupa Mohoje

Ruan Pienaar

JJ Engelbrecht

Johan Goosen

Have to agree with 'Dale on the bokke. Not into the racism debate but with the "expats" playing. The guys at home in all provinces or franchises to give their best in order to be selected. The coach on the other hand is more interested in the "pensioners" or who turned their back on Bok rugby to play for $$$. Surely it is their right to make up for a pension and to be chosen for their respective clubs for matches.

Well you need experience but there is quite a few guys at home with experience to coach the "noobs" in the squad. Basically saying to the guys here no use to play for the bok squad because it will be a fruitless effort.

Have to agree with 'Dale on the bokke. Not into the racism debate but with the "expats" playing. The guys at home in all provinces or franchises to give their best in order to be selected. The coach on the other hand is more interested in the "pensioners" or who turned their back on Bok rugby to play for $$$. Surely it is their right to make up for a pension and to be chosen for their respective clubs for matches.

Well you need experience but there is quite a few guys at home with experience to coach the "noobs" in the squad. Basically saying to the guys here no use to play for the bok squad because it will be a fruitless effort.

Why should the location of your job influence if you play for your country. How did they turn their back on the Boks if there is no rule on playing aboard. The only reason Bakies/Victor (btw has the tops stats in SR) has been drafted in is because of the crazy injuries we have had at lock. Also these guys are part of the squad not the starting 15 - which 'home' players would you have in their place? There purpose is to also guide and mentor young players not deny young talent - once again please tell me which lock in SA have more exp and are better than them? FDP is the best scrum half we have and it is also up to the youngsters to put their hands up ... very few have.

Was I imagining it or did the Sharks look exhausted. That's not to say that the Stormers played good rugby, but this is evidence that the Super system is not allowing players recovery time.

They played a tight winning game in NZ and I think it took it out of them. It didn't help that Hynecke " Blue" Meyer decided on a training camp that would have forced a lot extra effort by so many of the players and cut into the franchise training and I believe this affected the Bulls, Sharks and Stormers( To a lesser degree). The Lions were able to build up their "Gees" over a whole week and it showed in their approach.

The injury lists surely tell a sad story.

Again............what else does Reinach have to do to catch Meyer's eye?

Agree on this stage we do have a problem with locks because of injuries. The scrumhalf you mentioned imo I think Reinach deserves a naming because he was plying well last year and this year as well just before his injury, choosing Pienaar who is not up to par... What about Brussow he is currently the best no6 in SA? Surely there are better fullbacks than Kirchner.... Goosen who was rushed to play for the boks is having an injury nightmare...Steyn on the other hand is struggling with injuries...Catrikillis and Boshoff should've been rewarded to be in the squad.

I worry because it looks like Meyer is planning on using pensioners for the RWC next year. Surely he should use this year to bleed the youngsters. And the style of rugby that we currently play, we will have lots of injured players all the time.

Who's the next best captain?

Bismarck composed enough?

Schalk the Hulk fit enough?

Victor - motivated and inspired enough?

Etc.

Important decision.

GO BOKKIES

Edited by ' Dale

Under 20 RWC Results (Round One):

Australia 36-17 Argentina

Wales 48-19 Fiji

South Africa 61-5 Scotland