Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SPRINGBOK TEAM TO FACE IRELAND AT NEWLANDS

15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Pat Lambie, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi 17 Trevor Nyakane 18 Julian Redelinghuys 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit 20 Warren Whiteley 21 Rudy Paige 22 Elton Jantjies 23 Jesse Kriel

JPP ahead of Combrinck? Really?

No place for the best 6 in the country (by a mile) Jaco Kriel? My loosies would've been 6. Kriel, 7 Vermeulen and 8 Whiteley (captain).

JPP ahead of Combrinck? Really?

No place for the best 6 in the country (by a mile) Jaco Kriel? My loosies would've been 6. Kriel, 7 Vermeulen and 8 Whiteley (captain).

Whiteley is good but Duane is far and away the best south african no 8 at the moment. And for that loose trio to work I'd rather have Whiteley at 7.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

GIve him a run, if he isnt playing well take him off, move Lambie to 15 and Elton at 10

Could very well be in AC's thinking as well. I hope.

Whiteley is good but Duane is far and away the best south african no 8 at the moment. And for that loose trio to work I'd rather have Whiteley at 7.

"At the moment"? I assume you've been watching him a lot playing in the European leagues? Otherwise how would you know that he is our best? I base my opinion of WW on the fact that he has been the best 8 IN SA for the last 2 seasons. He's a different type of 8 though, more of a link and attacking space type of player rather than bashing it up with brute force like Duane. I know which one I'd prefer... And that's why I'd rather have WW at 8 and Duane at 7. But hey, I'm not the bok coach...

This is still a good team and should beat Ireland comfortably. It's not our BEST team though.  

"At the moment"? I assume you've been watching him a lot playing in the European leagues? Otherwise how would you know that he is our best? I base my opinion of WW on the fact that he has been the best 8 IN SA for the last 2 seasons. He's a different type of 8 though, more of a link and attacking space type of player rather than bashing it up with brute force like Duane. I know which one I'd prefer... And that's why I'd rather have WW at 8 and Duane at 7. But hey, I'm not the bok coach...

This is still a good team and should beat Ireland comfortably. It's not our BEST team though.  

There's only one coach in SA that plays an attacking, space creating game and that coach ain't AC. We know exactly what we are going to get from AC - bash bash bash defend defend defend ad nauseum.

I hope I'm wrong.

There's only one coach in SA that plays an attacking, space creating game and that coach ain't AC. We know exactly what we are going to get from AC - bash bash bash defend defend defend ad nauseum.

I hope I'm wrong.

I assume you are referring to the SA A team coach?

I hope I'm wrong.

I just can't see this team klapping the big boys!

Exciting players but we know in test rugby is much tighter than Super 28 rugby

I just can't see this team klapping the big boys!

Exciting players but we know in test rugby is much tighter than Super 28 rugby

that's just the thing Bloukrans. In my opinion the only place we can match NZ for talent and quality is at lock. The other 13 positions we are way behind. We run them close sometimes on pure guts, but that only lasts so long.

How come the top Super rugby team in NZ is full of all blacks but in SA the standout best team has players that don't get to start for the Springboks. Instead the Springbok team is full of players that managed a draw against the Sunwolves.