Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That England-All Black year end battle will be very interesting

Think they will only battle next year. The AB's are not playing the Pommies this year.

It seems the Pommies are the only tea that can challenge the AB's.

he probably has a decent coach over there Mango....

^^^ This

...and a game plan

Goosen was at one stage the future 10 - don't know why Toetie did not pick him there - that laatie has lots of talent - stand flat, take the ball to the line, can defend

Former Springbok centre Brendan Venter will lead next week's coaching indaba aimed at finding solutions to the Boks' current woes.

Coaching Indaba..... Pffft.

This oke needs other coaches to help point out his short comings because he can't see them through his rose tinted shades. He's supposed to be the cream of the crop coaching our National side FFS......

Edit: the rest of the coaches should be coming to HIM for advice!

Edited by Grebel

Coaching Indaba..... Pffft.

This oke needs other coaches to help point out his short comings because he can't see them through his rose tinted shades. He's supposed to be the cream of the crop coaching our National side FFS......

Edit: the rest of the coaches should be coming to HIM for advice!

No truer words about this saga has been said!

he probably has a decent coach over there Mango....

I'll stick my neck out and say you're half right. :ph34r: 

But some things you can't coach like raw talent. All a coach can do is nurture that talent BUT within a framework of a game plan which needs to adapt on-field in response to numerous variables such as the opposition, the conditions, the ref, etc. 

Think they will only battle next year. The AB's are not playing the Pommies this year.

It seems the Pommies are the only tea that can challenge the AB's.

Oh

Got my data wrong

????

The question is not whether Allister had the best resources in the world to work with as apart from the Lions all our teams hardly ever looked like scoring a try. This is not 2007 where we had 2 teams in the final and nobody was expecting him to magically become better than NZ. 

But even amongst the limited resources and skills he had to work with he was still the weakest link. We were outcoached almost every game. His insecurity about his ability and the resulting public berating of players and snubbing of all things Lions as a show of force meant he didn't come close to realising the potential of the group. 

Frik du Preez was asked who he believed would win between the springbok team in his days and the current one. Frik without hesitation replied his and by 10 points, when asked why he thought 10 points, he replied "remember we are all in our 70's and 80's now". 

Edited by scotty

I'm not sure whether it was mentioned before but I heard an interview with Jake White on the radio the other day. One of his statements was something to the effect of:

'We' (the rugby loving public and 'previous' coaches etc.) are quite upset by the state of Bok rugby and the way we are playing/losing and not being number 2/3 anymore. He said that maybe someone should ask the administrators/government what their goals/targets are. If they are happy with a 'representative' coaching staff and playing squad and the target is to be top 5...we are there.

Sad but...

I'm looking forward to the CC semi's tomorrow, because it will be evenly matched for a change. No more worries about SA vs NZ vs AUS vs ARG (national or Super Rugby).

Cheetahs vs Lions? Well, I'm a Cheetah through thick and thin. My blood is orange.

WP vs Bulls? WP, I've been living in the Cape long enough.

A Cheetahs vs WP final in Bloem will be just perfect. 

Bulls fan neighbor will be having a huge party if they pull their win off. 

Edited by scotty