Rugby...

'Dale

Aphiwe, what a winger. 

Ya ney... that step and pace that left beauden for dead   :eek:

He was also the one who got to Mckenzie in the final play to force the knock-on that ended the game.

Hope he has a very long future in SA rugby!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also thought the ref was nowhere in keeping up with the pace of game... made a few really bad calls.

however if willie was offside at that ruck, he deserves a yellow card IMO. Red zone!

Have a look at NZ number 8, this is just before Willie got the yellow.

Check out @DiscoGnu’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DiscoGnu/status/1041608109091905537?s=09

In from the side, shoulder, to the head. Right in front of the ref???? :cursing:

Edited by Escapee..

What irritates me most are the excuses made, especially the “what if’s”. What if the drop kick was attempted, what if MacKenzie hadn’t knocked on, what if Nigel Owens had seen Whitely wasn’t behind the last feet of the ruck?

Two teams pitched up, one the overwhelming favourites, the other not given much hope by almost everyone.

The Bokke didn’t have a numerical supremacy and weren’t playing against a weakened/second-string opposition. Instead they were playing the best team in the world, with a 9-yr winning streak at home. Infact, with Le Roux sin-binned, they should have made hay while the sun shone (but it was night time... some sarcasm can’t hurt [emoji16] ).

At the end of the day, the ABs had their chances and they missed some of them... kicks, passes and ball handling skills. There was no need to throw the ball in quickly, especially when it went out on the full. But they did, let the ball bounce, and paid for it by conceding 7 points.

Barrett didn’t start missing kicks, he’s been doing it for years. The ABs score plenty points most of the time, so his errant kicking goes unnoticed when they’re winning.

The simple answer is they succumbed to that same pressure other teams feel when chasing the scoreboard. They were in a position they seldom experience, and made mistakes as a result - just like other teams.

Yeah, the Bokke were lucky, but they made the luck by playing the way they did. In previous games, they had opportunities but could finish it off. What if they were able to convert those opportunities? What if...

My 2c worth.

The excuses mentioned above aren’t from you guys, but the pro-AB supporters that say the Bokke were lucky.

Don't worry the history books will only tell one story.

No one mentioned unfair red cards against Bismarck or unlucky ref call for when referring to our win-loss records against the ABs.

I didn't watch the game, but it seems the kiwis are bleating about the ref not blowing the offsides line.

LTq8h7j.png

ag shame, how does that medicine taste guys?

Interesting...

World Rugby warns teams and fans to cover tattoos at Japan 2019 RWC

Mick Cleary 16:28, September 20 2018

Teams and supporters at next year's Rugby World Cup have been warned that they need to cover tattoos in public to avoid causing offence.

Players have been asked by World Rugby to wear rash vests when they use public gyms or swimming pools as tattoos are associated in Japan with Yakuza, the Japanese mafia.

They are also to be told that they need to respect local culture by wearing different footwear indoors from outdoors. Alan Gilpin, the tournament director, said teams had shown no objection when told about the need to cover tattoos.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/107224916/world-rugby-warns-teams-and-fans-to-cover-tattoos-at-japan-2019-rwc

Interesting...

World Rugby warns teams and fans to cover tattoos at Japan 2019 RWC

Mick Cleary 16:28, September 20 2018

Teams and supporters at next year's Rugby World Cup have been warned that they need to cover tattoos in public to avoid causing offence.

Players have been asked by World Rugby to wear rash vests when they use public gyms or swimming pools as tattoos are associated in Japan with Yakuza, the Japanese mafia.

They are also to be told that they need to respect local culture by wearing different footwear indoors from outdoors. Alan Gilpin, the tournament director, said teams had shown no objection when told about the need to cover tattoos.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/107224916/world-rugby-warns-teams-and-fans-to-cover-tattoos-at-japan-2019-rwc

When I was in Taiwan the topic of tattoos came up in a class and I was a bit taken aback by the (innocence? naivety?) of their responses. In the West I think we've become so used to tattoos and piercings that they rarely draw comment except in the most conservative circles.

But these were teens, some of them about to go to varsity, and all of them assured me that only gangsters and criminals would be so brazen as to openly walk the streets and flaunt their tattoos.

Thank goodness we held onto that one... once again a poor game between these 2 teams.

Boks were poor, ausies were poorer!

Rassie is under no illusions like his predecessor toetie.

Should have really put the Aussies away with a proper hiding today, at least we pulled it through on a day where we made many unforced errors, could very well have lost this one after the yellow.

Luckily there were good things to take away on defence, yet some work to be done.

Pollard is our future at 10. Dyanti keeps securing the 11 jersey for himself, needs some work on defence, but solid package.

Think it will do us good, realize allot of work is needed in the next 7 days.

Flip, Loftus is gonna be be epic! Gonna watch the game at Eastwoods, 50m from the stadium!

We need to control the wings rushing off the line...

ABs are gonna be prepared and exploit this big time next week.

Also how many knock-ons from willie so far in the past few games ????

Should have really put the Aussies away with a proper hiding today, at least we pulled it through on a day where we made many unforced errors, could very well have lost this one after the yellow.

Luckily there were good things to take away on defence, yet some work to be done.

Pollard is our future at 10. Dyanti keeps securing the 11 jersey for himself, needs some work on defence, but solid package.

Think it will do us good, realize allot of work is needed in the next 7 days.

Flip, Loftus is gonna be be epic! Gonna watch the game at Eastwoods, 50m from the stadium!

Why will it be epic?

All Blacks will have secured the title of they win tonight, they might even send out a b team

Why will it be epic?

All Blacks will have secured the title of they win tonight, they might even send out a b team

If you can't hype yourself up for an All Black vs Springbok game at home then there is nothing I can say on this forum that will do it.

Go enjoy your 1-1 draws in the Premier League next week 17h00.

PS. I am fed up with Negative Nancy's. It's a game, enjoy it for what it is.

If you can't hype yourself up for an All Black vs Springbok game at home then there is nothing I can say on this forum that will do it.

Go enjoy your 1-1 draws in the Premier League next week 17h00.

PS. I am fed up with Negative Nancy's. It's a game, enjoy it for what it is.

So you enjoyed this game?

It's was a good game until 20mins in first half. Then it was like grikwas en ep kings