Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the PSD clean out... Brain fart of note

going by all the soft cards of late, i honestly thought he would see 10mins for that.

going by all the soft cards of late, i honestly thought he would see 10mins for that.

talking of yellow cards.

Willie really should have tried to use two hands, but I believe he was making an attempt to intercept the ball and not knock it down. 

So let's look at the All Blacks, they conceded loads of penalties in the first half, many in the red zone. 

compare this one to Willie's yellow card.

post-1830-0-33466500-1542707591_thumb.jpg

Whitelock is:offside

on the ground

intentionally knocking the ball on

textbook cynical offense

no warning, nothing. 5th penalty in 23mins.

hmmmm

Edited by juan pelota

talking of yellow cards.

Willie really should have tried to use two hands, but I believe he was making an attempt to intercept the ball and not knock it down.

So let's look at the All Blacks, they conceded loads of penalties in the first half, many in the red zone.

attachicon.gifwhitelock cynical.jpg

on the ground

textbook cynical offense

hmmmm

We all saw that and everyone around me immediately said yellow. That was on purpose and in the red zone. Ten minutes without a doubt

We all saw that and everyone around me immediately said yellow. That was on purpose and in the red zone. Ten minutes without a doubt

ya ney...

consistently inconsistent!

talking of yellow cards.

attachicon.gifwhitelock cynical.jpg

on the ground

textbook cynical offense

hmmmm

We might disagree on Richie McCaw, but that looks intentional (didn’t see the game, so going on what I’ve heard).

It falls under the heading “Obstruction”, and “Unfair play” and sanctioned by a penalty.

Repeated infringement is also only a penalty.

The yellow card is only applicable if the foul play prevents an obvious scoring opportunity.

Clearly the law is open to interpretation by the ref on the day, as some players get yellow and others not.

20 Teams, 4 Groups of 5, 1 Group of Death and at some point it'll be 2 teams battling for the one trophy and title we all want.43a6be82736d79561d762cf873b5475b.jpg

20 Teams, 4 Groups of 5, 1 Group of Death and at some point it'll be 2 teams battling for the one trophy and title we all want.43a6be82736d79561d762cf873b5475b.jpg

I have to say, I think we have the easiest pool of the lot, especially since we play our biggest game first against NZ.

I have to say, I think we have the easiest pool of the lot, especially since we play our biggest game first against NZ.

Agreed. We really should make the quarters fairly easily but whether it'll be via the "High" road or the "Low" road is what'll be determined by our match against the AB's.

Pool C though looks a right nightmare. A lot of tough matches in that Pool and it's not easy to make a prediction as to which teams will make it to the quarters.

How have we turned into an average team (in terms of results) unlike before we had a average team but we would get results.

Other teams all lifted their standard?

A few seasons ago, end of year tour 2/4 would be seen as a disaster, now many are saying so many positives from this squad. I'm not that optimistic, and think we have very little chance in Japan next year with things looking the way it is.

Yesterday was really disappointing, to put it mildly. Really seemed as though they were playing with one foot in the airplane home... sommer de mur in...

Think the forwards pretty much settled, plenty of reserves in tight five. Just not too sure about firstly Kolisi (and I'm a huge fan) - he's becoming more and more like John Smith, chosen because he's Captain, and not because he's the best in his possie, and secondly the balance of the loosies...

Backs is another matter. 9 & 10 pretty much done. Faf with Pampier will do nicely, and Van Zyl as backup will do just fine I think, and last few games Pollard and Jantjes did very well. Think Rassie must get the young Du Preez involved sooner, but he has Willemse as backup. Midfield huge problem. De Ellende is not a shadow of what he was, there is much better. I personally don't like Kriel, but he was better than usual last few games. But what then? I'm not Amm fan - he's just so predictable, Engelbrecht playing heavy conditions in France, so then what.

Right back sorted with Nkosi & Chessie (he was the shiner yesterday), but left... Dyanti is awesome on attack, but his in-drifting on defence cost us big-time yesterday, and will do so again, Willie sorted at 15, but Willemse cannot alone cover 10 and 15...

Edited by Warthog