All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you confirm the exact top tube length centre to centre and seat tube centre to centre measurements please?

Will check and get back to you

Hi all

I have been asked by a friend to see if there is any interest in this C40 , to big for me unfortunately  it is a size 58/59 Record 10 speed

PM me please I am keen

He is looking at about 20K but might be negotiable

oops don't worry I didn't see this part and its really only the frame I want, sorry

I was going to say that, yes, there would certainly be interest in the C40, but the above few posts already made my point ..........  :D  :thumbup:

For those interested, there's a C40 Hp/Bstay model with Record 10 speed for sale at Ultimate Cycles in Knysna. I don't remember the size off hand, but it was also 58/59. The shop is asking 20k, more or less, but I recommend bargaining, In other words, I think the shop is pushing for max return.

I've looked at the bike and it's in good nik, very nice actually. I told the shop that a collector would probably offer R15k. It's been there at least 12 weeks, so I think they'll be open to offers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Durban for work and was dropping off a groupset I'd sold - turns out the guy had this and next thing you know....  I have serious buyers remorse and don't need another bike project right now.  Anyway because it's red my brain froze and I paid a little more than I should have.  Colnago Thron super it seems. 56cm down tube 545 top.  Rides nicely and I'm actually going to take it for a spin shortly which is why I bought some el cheapo flat pedals. Needs a respray and fork needs re - chroming but I will shelve that idea for a while.

It's all here but the paintwork is not as nice as these pics would suggest - still might be nice for me to have one period correct Nago as I tend to upgrade the components to get me up hills.

post-81229-0-95588800-1558358117_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-18602000-1558358136_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-81509200-1558358149_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-41351900-1558358164_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-27038300-1558358178_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-69866000-1558358199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waynemol

I'm in Durban for work and was dropping off a groupset I'd sold - turns out the guy had this and next thing you know....  I have serious buyers remorse and don't need another bike project right now.  Anyway because it's red my brain froze and I paid a little more than I should have.  Colnago Thron super it seems. 56cm down tube 545 top.  Rides nicely and I'm actually going to take it for a spin shortly which is why I bought some el cheapo flat pedals. Needs a respray and fork needs re - chroming but I will shelve that idea for a while.

It's all here but the paintwork is not as nice as these pics would suggest - still might be nice for me to have one period correct Nago as I tend to upgrade the components to get me up hills.

:oops:  :wacko:

Feel slightly less anxious after 15km jaunt in Umdloti - glad I don't have ride these kind of gears anymore.  And flat pedals made the hills even tougher.  Bike is smooth.  Maybe a touch short but I can live with it.

Just ONCE in my life I would LOVE to do that table tip trick at (3.00) the coffee shop in front of all my riding buddies.......then I'll retire!