All things Colnago

StevieL

Well spotted. But it looks like this now.

I can't wait to see what exotic bits you are going to build it with. Almost looking forward to the unveiling as much as the kids did to the premiere of the Infinity Wars :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my C59 for about 2 months, sold all spare bikes and now looking for my next project which either needs to be titanium or a nice C40.

These make me giddy:

Everybody wants a C40. I'm just trying to finish mine.

I've been looking for a c59 for ages, size 53

You will probably only find one in a traditional geometry. The sloping frames come only in even numbers.

Cippo that's correct so a 50s or 52s.

Compare top tube and headtube lengths to what you currently have. Check standover height as well.

post-13716-0-66251100-1526371174_thumb.png

#flamesuiton

In the not so hypothetical, hypothetical situation where you have two Colnago's - a C59 Team Edition and a C40 B Stay and only one Campagnolo Super Record groupset.

Which one gets the Super Record and which one gets Shimano?  :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. Comes down to budget really, super record has spoilt me and now i don't want anything lower but Campag generally has a 30-40% premium over Shimano unless I can find someone with a clean second hand SR groupset.

#flamesuiton

In the not so hypothetical, hypothetical situation where you have two Colnago's - a C59 Team Edition and a C40 B Stay and only one Campagnolo Super Record groupset.

Which one gets the Super Record and which one gets Shimano?  :eek:

Super Record on the C59.

Buy a good 2nd hand 10 Speed Record for C40. That is still the best groupset ever made. OK, argue about it all you want, but I'm not going to change my mind easily.

If Colnago are speccing bikes with Shimano, doesn't that make it "ok".?

Keep in mind that I have neither Colnago nor Campag. LOL

Edited by Thomo

If Colnago are speccing bikes with Shimano, doesn't that make it "ok".?

Keep in mind that I have neither Colnago nor Campag. LOL

It’s just business and the best value spec for the marketplace

The tifosi, in South Africa and Italia, don’t care about business offerings; they care about the deep traditions and the purism of Italian lineage in cycling

When I’m 60, I’ll buy me an Italian frame with Italian parts for my coffee shop rides

It’s so beautiful