All things Colnago

StevieL

Tuesday mystery night:

What is this?

So far we think we know

1. Not an Arabesque as the lugs are plain and not decorated
  2. Fork is not Colnago but what make is the SA stamp from
  3. Could the frame be a normal steel Colnago repainted as an Arabesque

The bike is not being sold but was offered by a friend who has had it for ±25 years and was given it by a friend of his so there is not motive to fake an original.

Just interested to find out what I can and have asked for more pics so will post those as soon as they are available.

From the pic posted, I'm not even sure it's a Colnago, could be just about anything, other than an Alan, or Vitus!!!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Close up pics of lugs at headtube, bb and seat clamp would help in confirming if its a Colnago.

Looks like a Master Oval.

I’m not so sure Cippo , that carbon rear stay looks a lot like my Dream but without the HP B Stay , I’ve looked and can’t find that colour so I think it’s been resprayed and the stickers also look off

Just my 2c

I’m not so sure Cippo , that carbon rear stay looks a lot like my Dream but without the HP B Stay , I’ve looked and can’t find that colour so I think it’s been resprayed and the stickers also look off

Just my 2c

I think you might be right. I didnt see the rear carbon stays when looking on my mobile.

Just my 2c

Owner says it belonged to his wife and hasn't been resprayed.I can't find anything online though.Thought it could be an AIR or ARTE but isn't.

Frame is All and weeds make it look like entry level frame.

Need some advice.

What frame is this?

37219782_274298093316239_596495437286447

37103928_274298303316218_897388340817428

Thats a COLNAGO Mix - Alu frame with oversize chainstays and carbon B-Stay Seat-Stays

Thats a COLNAGO Mix - Alu frame with oversize chainstays and carbon B-Stay Seat-Stays

Thanks

That’s it [emoji106]

The frame doesn't look like a respray!

The frame is manufactured with Columbus Airplane alu same as the Dream/Lux Dream but down tube bi-conic shared with larger BB diameter. Top tube similar to master hence called the MIX.